PDA

View Full Version : CF Mugen Style Front Lip (comments on usage)

BlackEP9
06-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Well haven't posted here in a while and I saw I had to re-register. Bummer because I had some things I wanted to sell.

Anyway some comments on the Carbon Fiber Mugen Style Front Lip.

This item lasted about 1 1/2 yrs for me. All the accidental hits against the ground and things like speed bumps and parking lot bumps? (clearance was very low) added up to a lot of cracks on the bottom but mainly where it was screwed in at the side. Finally it ripped off on one side for the last time so I took it off, and now I have 2 large holes drilled in the bumper (needed to set in in place).

I would say this item might be great for a racing only car but not so good for everyday driving. It just isn't durable and lack of flexibility on the bottom of your car really hurts.

I am looking for a non carbon fiber and non fiberglass replacement now, anyone have an idea??

civictype_r04
06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Hfp. Ftw!

Kodeen
06-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Hfp. Ftw!

Yeah, that's pretty much your only option since it's tall enough to cover up the holes needed for the Mugen lip.

BlackEP9
06-17-2008, 03:33 PM
HFP? That's what I was thinking too...I found this place to buy it:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html

The problem is they say for 2003-2006 and mine is a 2002. I know one difference on the sides is the lack of holes for installation of the sideskirts but i don't know why the front or back wouldn't fit. Anyone? Got impatient, found the answer on search and decided to post it for anyone to see as well..

STOOP said:
Yes, all the HFP parts will fit on the 2002 Si. I currently have the hatch spoiler and suspension on my 2002 Si right now. 100% perfect fitment, no modification needed. The suspension is about a 1" drop from factory height. It replaces the complete spring/shock assemblies. (However, currently at this time, the suspension is not being sold by Honda individually - it comes as part of a handling kit which includes wheels and tires. The wheels are a 5-lug pattern and will not fit a 2002 Si.)

The sideskirts will fit just fine as well because they come with a bracket mounting kit that mounts them to the side of the car. They DO NOT use the holes that the 2004 Si has already for the OEM side skirts.

Also the front and rear underbody spoilers will fit the 2002 Si because the bumpers are exactly the same as the 2004 Si - same part numbers.

There are a few vendors on here currently selling the hatch spoilers and underbody spoilers. Check their threads in the vendor section.