PDA

View Full Version : Active arming factory alarm, make it stop!

cwmizner
06-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Is there a way to set the factory alarm so it doesn't auto arm itself every 2 seconds?

VegaS10
06-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Unplug it.

It's crap anyways.

Get a real alarm. Viper, Python, Clifford, etc.

The oem one is just a glorrified keyless entry system.

Stoop
06-18-2008, 07:49 AM
To switch the arming mode from AUTO mode to MANUAL mode do the following:

1) Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. Remove the key from the ignition switch.

2) Open a door and close it. (The EXIT delay starts.)

3) Steps from 4 to 6 must be completed within 3 seconds.

4) Insert the ignition key, and remove the ignition key from the ignition switch. (All the way out.)

5) AGAIN - Insert the ignition key, and remove the ignition key from the ignition switch. (All the way out.)

6) Insert the ignition key. You will observe the following: The system “beeps” twice.

7) You're all done. Have a beer. :mcool:

cwmizner
06-18-2008, 10:21 AM

1) Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. Remove the key from the ignition switch.

4) Insert the ignition key, and remove the ignition key from the ignition switch. (All the way out.)

5) AGAIN - Insert the ignition key, and remove the ignition key from the ignition switch. (All the way out.)

6) Insert the ignition key. You will observe the following: The system “beeps” twice.

doesn't seem to work

benkieboy
06-18-2008, 11:14 AM
funny but mine doesnt auto arm

cwmizner
06-18-2008, 11:21 AM
funny but mine doesnt auto arm

mine does, help!

hatch404
06-18-2008, 11:43 AM
ya def weird. Mine doesn't auto arm...

cwmizner
06-18-2008, 03:09 PM

just stick the key and and take it out? don't do anything else? turn to on, then off maybe?

!@#$%
06-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Is this about the doors automatically locking themselves? If so, why wouldn't you want that?

cwmizner
06-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Is this about the doors automatically locking themselves? If so, why wouldn't you want that?

yes.

it's annoying when I'm working on the car/washing it whatever

I just want to be able to arm the system when and only when I want

cwmizner
06-19-2008, 09:31 AM
anyone?

AzNCrAzYcOoLeR
06-27-2008, 07:50 AM
mine does, help!

mine does too....
if i remember correctly,

All I did was unlock the car, get in, close door, put the key in the ignition, take it out, put it in, take it out, put it in, take it out and put iit in, turn it to start turn it back off and it was done.
I THINK ...

NitroBoarder
06-27-2008, 10:50 AM

agreed. I always have a short paranoid moment when I'm somewhere "oh crap...did I lock my car?" then I remember it auto locks.

and is yours really every 2 seconds? because mine does it after like 45 seconds.

cwmizner
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
agreed. I always have a short paranoid moment when I'm somewhere "oh crap...did I lock my car?" then I remember it auto locks.

and is yours really every 2 seconds? because mine does it after like 45 seconds.

no, not 2 seconds, i was exaggerating, i tend to do that...lol