PDA

View Full Version : How do I install a carbon fiber hatch?

pookiez16
06-17-2008, 11:45 PM
i just ordered the hatch does any one know how to install with pic perferbly thanks guys

Sucka
06-18-2008, 12:01 AM
+1 i have a cf hatch in my room and want to get it installed too.

VegaS10
06-18-2008, 06:22 AM
I would take it to an automotive glass shop for the window transfer. I am sure that back piece of glass is pricey if you were to damage it.

Other than that, all you have to do is transfer all the latches and mechanisms to the CF one, and bolt it up.

It is really self explanatory.

From experience I can tell you putting a CF trunk/tailgate on my eg hatch sucked nuts. The latch was a pain in the ass, the wiring sucked and lining it up took a bit. And that was a SMALL tailgate. The EP one is HUGE ompared to the EG one.

Honestly, it's gonna suck. I'd reccomend at least 2 or 3 friends help to hold that big thing in place while you line it all up.

epshtielsl
06-18-2008, 07:42 AM
I just took mine to a shop. Tried it at first, huge pain in the ass and I didn't want to mess with not having the glass seal correctly or something. Unless you have experience with automotive glass, I would take it to get done.

skoo74
06-21-2008, 11:44 AM
yeah, Im still trying to sell my extra hatch glass.... found a few buyers but trying to take the glass off was a biotch... I had to take it to the glass shop to have it removed.. they had a special tool they used.. without it, it's crazy hard plus u risk the chance of breaking the $300+ glass...

like the folkz above said, take it to the glass shop... they charged me only $20 to have it removed... it's probably going to be alot more for u but it's worth it..

EPandaman29
06-22-2008, 01:19 PM
take it to the shop!!! pros know wat theyre doin.

JackEp3
06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
me and 2 friends installed my hatch then i had a mobile glass company come to my job and switch the glass after the cf hatch was installed. the hatch was a bitch. i had to drill out the holes, the latch was a pain and it would lock and not unlock with the remote. both mine and my old roommates had a slight gap on the right side but not too bad. and the license plate lights didnt fit the pre fab holes so we had to dremel those as well. dont try to rush it if you do it yourself. its not a easy quick install.

NL 1
06-24-2008, 11:38 PM
our cf hatch didnt even come with holes drilled for tha plates and i didnt wanna drill holes in tha hatch and risk fuckn' it up so i just double sided tape the plate on

pookiez16
06-25-2008, 07:47 AM
lol i just got mine yesterday and buy the looks of it i rather pay a mobile glass company to do it and take it to a friend of mine shop that he also has an ep which i think hes on this site he also has a cf hatch thanks for all the support guys i really apreciate it ephatch.com:whoo::peace:

JackEp3
07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
did anyone get the CF hatch installed and were able to use the stock molding? if so how did that work for you? if not did you do something else to clean up the look?

epshtielsl
07-11-2008, 12:30 PM
All the stock plastic trim pieces fit in perfectly on my hatch. It even had many of the holes already predrilled. Maybe it differs from brand to brand, mine was Seibon

SwA
07-18-2008, 01:31 AM
is it easy to swap carbon fiber hatch? without the glass part? can anyone tell me how to do it please?

The S
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
is it easy to swap carbon fiber hatch? without the glass part? can anyone tell me how to do it please?

read ^^^^^ noob

PHISHY
07-26-2008, 05:19 AM
I would take it to an automotive glass shop for the window transfer. I am sure that back piece of glass is pricey if you were to damage it.

Other than that, all you have to do is transfer all the latches and mechanisms to the CF one, and bolt it up.

It is really self explanatory.

From experience I can tell you putting a CF trunk/tailgate on my eg hatch sucked nuts. The latch was a pain in the ass, the wiring sucked and lining it up took a bit. And that was a SMALL tailgate. The EP one is HUGE ompared to the EG one.

Honestly, it's gonna suck. I'd reccomend at least 2 or 3 friends help to hold that big thing in place while you line it all up.

Agreed. It took me like 4hrs to complete the install on my own. The part took me the most was installing the lock mechanism, it has to be line up perfect or else it's going to work like crap or might not work at all.