PDA

View Full Version : Attn Mods: What's wrong with ephatch?!

rsy124
06-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Why the heck do I keep getting redirected to this link:
http://www.atspace.com/dedicated-web-server-hosting-domain-articles-news/internet.html

or this link:
http://www.resellercluster.com/

and other random crap whenever I click to read any of the threads?

Is it just me or is something wrong?

ep3moschini
06-18-2008, 04:33 AM
Fail, you have a virus or some shit lol

jtyler05si
06-18-2008, 04:49 AM
how did you get to this thread then?

Drew1d
06-18-2008, 04:58 AM
Spyware? Use Firefox.

oneglory
06-18-2008, 05:11 AM
I also got redirected to that site last night.

.matt
06-18-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm also getting redirected as well. I evidently have the same virus you guys have if nothing is wrong with the site.

FoReVaPmP
06-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Clean out all your cookies and check your system for any spywear or viruses :mredface:

Kodeen
06-18-2008, 09:32 AM
What web browser are you guys using? Have you tried multiple browsers?

Also, what operating system (though I assume Windows)?

oogy-boogy
06-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Odd.....All is well here.

rsy124
06-19-2008, 12:46 AM
What web browser are you guys using? Have you tried multiple browsers?

Safari, Camino, Firefox..all yield same results. Tried on a friend's computer with the same results..:mconfused:

Also, what operating system (though I assume Windows)?

Mac OS X..never had a virus or anything before.. (friend's computer is running Vista)

Clean out all your cookies and check your system for any spywear or viruses :mredface:

Cleared and checked, nothing there.

how did you get to this thread then?

I hit the stop button before it refreshes to the redirected site.

Oh, and despite my seemingly low newb post count, I was an old member here with a couple hundred more posts but happened to have to sell my ep around the time the site went down :(

Windchaser
06-19-2008, 01:07 AM
A few people are getting it as well like my friend. I do not think it is a virus, more like a trojan. Go to disk cleanup and clear out everything. Also run a spyware check. This should definitely fix it.

FoReVaPmP
06-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Oh, and despite my seemingly low newb post count, I was an old member here with a couple hundred more posts but happened to have to sell my ep around the time the site went down :(

It's all good bro..... there is going to be a few "bugs" for a few more months. We had to build the site all over again, so things will be alittle off.

Can you do me a favor.....

Please let me or anyother Mod know the outcome. :mcool:

oogy-boogy
06-19-2008, 04:23 AM
Try adaware, etc.

SinisterCivicSi
06-19-2008, 10:13 AM

check my sig link for site info.

and keep us posted on what turns up, i want to make sure we stay on top of it if its a site problem.. but it shouldnt be.

what are you clicking on on OUR site that is redirecting you or it does it on its own? :mconfused:

ShadySi
06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I had this problem a day or two ago and did some ad-aware and it went away.

SD_smrk1
06-19-2008, 11:20 AM
When it redirects you to another link before you do anyting to exit out of the redirect or stop it see if there is RDS written anywhere in the begining of the address in the main address line. If so it is a worm that is infecting your computer and needs attention right away. It starts with the internet browser and works its way through your computer.

weltall
06-19-2008, 12:05 PM
the same stuff was happening to me only on this site at first then after about 2days it spred to whenever i would just leav IE open for more than a min on any page

coming here would always redirect me

i ended up dumping all my folders to an external and nuking the c drive re-loading windows and shit canning IE for firefox

rsy124
06-19-2008, 01:19 PM
When it redirects you to another link before you do anyting to exit out of the redirect or stop it see if there is RDS written anywhere in the begining of the address in the main address line. If so it is a worm that is infecting your computer and needs attention right away. It starts with the internet browser and works its way through your computer.

No RDS and no viruses detected.

check my sig link for site info.

and keep us posted on what turns up, i want to make sure we stay on top of it if its a site problem.. but it shouldnt be.

what are you clicking on on OUR site that is redirecting you or it does it on its own? :mconfused:

To clarify, the main site is fine. Clicking "forum" and logging in is fine. Clicking to view categorical thread folders such as "EP Discussion", "Classifieds", etc. are all fine. It is only once I click to view the contents of a thread such as this one, or any other threads made by users that it redirects. Thus the only way for me to even try to view and read what people post is to stop the page from loading before it finishes completely. Hence, I am unable to view any attached images in doing so since they are usually the last objects to load on each page.

Try adaware, etc.

No ad-aware for Macs as far as I know..I'll look for an equivalent program for Mac OSX

It's all good bro..... there is going to be a few "bugs" for a few more months. We had to build the site all over again, so things will be alittle off.

Can you do me a favor.....

Please let me or anyother Mod know the outcome. :mcool:

Same results with Firefox, Camino, IE, Safari.

FoReVaPmP
06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
this is weird.....:confused:

coastiejack
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
this is weird.....:confused:

tell me about it i can see ephatch here at my house but not at work...i get redirected, and i know we have more security measures than anything at my house

rsy124
06-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Okay so it's 4:45pm PST now and the site seems to be okay now.
I have not done/changed anything on the computer since earlier (around 1-2pm) and it is no longer happening.

Will update if it does again. What about others?

Princess
06-19-2008, 05:44 PM
tell me about it i can see ephatch here at my house but not at work...i get redirected, and i know we have more security measures than anything at my house

I was having the same problem. I thought my Mac had a virus so I ran scans for malware, spyware, viruses, etc. I think the problem has to do with Photobucket images within the threads causing DNS redirects.

more info. and solutions HERE (http://www.formula50racing.com/images/08_zuma_blue_4_7089166e.jpg)

Most hackers are cool people, but some really suck.

Tnhatch03
06-19-2008, 06:28 PM
i like turtles.

i haven't had any issues with redirects here.

D3xn2o
06-20-2008, 08:11 AM
i like turtles.

i haven't had any issues with redirects here.

Same here Safari FTW

rsy124
06-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Same here Safari FTW

lol, it happened with all browsers: Safari, Firefox, Camino, IE

but anyways..seems like it's okay..for now :msmile: