PDA

View Full Version : Hacking stock ecu?WTF

davisj3537
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Someone tried to tell me that someone hacked their stock ecu to compensate for the extra fuel for their k24. I have never even heard of this...WTF? I'm way sceptical...

MugenReplica
06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Isn't Kpro just that? A "hack" or different chip that allows you to change settings in the ECU?

If he has truely hacked his ECU, maybe he'll share his "hack" with the rest of us.:mbiggrin:

MR.Pizza
06-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah that sounds like B.S. I'm not sure how one would hack an ecu with out using kpro. Does his car now run 10's as well?

davisj3537
06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Well I don't think he was pulling shit out of his ass....now maybe the guy that did the swap and supposed hack pulled that shit out of his ass!?!

!@#$%
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I think that guy is a hack.

v1c10us
06-18-2008, 03:02 PM
its possible, it would just be a matter of a voltage increase.

4angrybadgers
06-18-2008, 03:15 PM
its possible, it would just be a matter of a voltage increase.

I'm pretty sure the ECU uses some sort of PWM to control the injector duration, not voltage. Using voltage for control would open up a host of potential problems during normal operation...

MR.Pizza
06-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I think that guy is a hack.

yeah that

Unknownally
06-18-2008, 06:03 PM
bullshit even though I hope not and for him to share the knowledge...but most likely: bull

SiR R8TD
06-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Sounds like this guy is talking out of his ass! KPRO "cracks" open the ECU your tuner "hacks" into the ECU, that's all.

Civic5lug
06-19-2008, 05:41 PM
he's an idiot

lol

PAPITUYO326
06-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Could do it the ghetto way and up fuel pressure. Won't make it run right, but youll have added fuel.

talonXracer
06-24-2008, 07:45 AM
His hack was probably nothing more than a AFC(or something similar) to keep the injectors open a bit longer. I would steer clear of any such mods

ep3moschini
06-24-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the ECU uses some sort of PWM to control the injector duration, not voltage. Using voltage for control would open up a host of potential problems during normal operation...

I <3 pulse width modulation!

as for the man who hacked his ecu. . . has he ever been abducted by aliens, or a pedobear. . . possibly tapped himself in the head with a hammer a few times?

RollinCivic
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I actually did this yesterday in my basement with aluminum foil and and old floppy disks.

Its quite easy once you have the continuum transfunctioner

paulmofyourhand
06-24-2008, 10:08 AM
it would be nice for someone to hack the k-series ecu, as the open source community supports 'enginuity' for subie and evo's.

can someone say open source (free) tuning for k-series ecu?! if i were anywhere near a programmer/crack guy . i'd do it...

davisj3537
06-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I actually did this yesterday in my basement with aluminum foil and and old floppy disks.

Its quite easy once you have the continuum transfunctioner

w/ the continuum transfuctioner anything is possible:peace:

talonXracer
06-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I think you will find the hackers aiming at the newer Honda ECU's as Kpro isnt even available for them.

D.A.V.E.
06-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Possibly the "intake chip" as seen on ebay. Actually just a resistor you add to the IAT sensor.

Makes the car think the air is colder, therefore more dense, and adds fuel.

cukali
06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Possibly the "intake chip" as seen on ebay. Actually just a resistor you add to the IAT sensor.

But with an A/F sensor the factory ECU will pull fuel back out to normal ratio unless you then mess with the ECS also but then you will throw codes....but you can unsrew the bulb. :)

v1c10us
06-26-2008, 11:17 PM
sorry I didnt make myself clear
Im an avid PC overclocker, and just about any systems voltage can be upped to increase its frequency or other parameter.
I didnt mean you increase the the voltage sent to the injector, I mean that on the board of the ecu, you increase the voltage to whatever bit is controlling the injectors.. I could probably do it, it would take me a month and i'd need a complete ecu schematic, and probably three or four ecu's but I could hack it.

Kpro is essentially just that but with a GUI. the system changes parameters, sometimes by using code, and other times just as i said, by increasing voltage.

minivan_assassin
06-27-2008, 05:06 AM

Woot, a "run rich and waste gas while robbing horsepower confabulator."

Vicious, I think you horribly underestimate the complexity of the ecu. I don't see you "volt modding" it without "frying everything."

4angrybadgers
06-27-2008, 05:22 AM
sorry I didnt make myself clear
Im an avid PC overclocker, and just about any systems voltage can be upped to increase its frequency or other parameter.
I didnt mean you increase the the voltage sent to the injector, I mean that on the board of the ecu, you increase the voltage to whatever bit is controlling the injectors.. I could probably do it, it would take me a month and i'd need a complete ecu schematic, and probably three or four ecu's but I could hack it.

Kpro is essentially just that but with a GUI. the system changes parameters, sometimes by using code, and other times just as i said, by increasing voltage.

And as an "avid overclocker", I hope you realize that increasing chipset voltage doesn't overclock the CPU. You increase the clock frequency or the multiplier to do that. An increase in chipset voltage is required sometimes to counteract stability issues with overclocking, but the voltage bump itself does not make anything run faster.

Same for an ECU. A car's electrical system can be pretty "dirty" (varying voltages) - the ECU designers would be stupid to make the injector controller voltage-dependent. There are internal oscillators that set a base frequency for the ECU's processors, and then (eventually) the onboard programming changes that into pulses on the injector harness. Again, it's not voltage-regulated, it's most likely a simple square wave controlling the injectors (power = open, no power = closed).

Bumping up the voltage to the ECU would do one of two things:
1) Nothing
2) Fry the ECU (if you exceed its operating parameters)

mikhsoj
06-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Bumping up the voltage to the ECU would do one of two things:
1) Nothing
2) Fry the ECU (if you exceed its operating parameters)

naw u just need the heet seenkz
http://xtreview.com/images/scythe%20Orochi%20(Scorc-1000)%2004.jpg

Gilmour
06-27-2008, 06:37 AM
I once read an article a few years back about hacking the RSX-S ECU. It was in a Honda Tuning magazine a January issue, as to what year I’m not sure (maybe 2003). But it was the same issue with Hasports first Kswap Civic (an 02 four door I think), that was still not running. Anyways the article about hacking ECU was pretty cool, the guy can’t remember his name, he had the ECU cracked open and wires running in and out of the ECU. It was hooked up to his laptop and he was trying to figure out what the hell the ECU was doing, and what langue it was talking. Well he did and was able to pull extra gain with just a CAI test. Like I said I don’t remember his name, but he did work for Hondata and he’s hacking is what made the reflash and then to Kpro I'm sure.

If anyone has old Honda Tuning magazine please look back, as I no longer have mine. And I’d like to remember his name, think it was Derek something but not sure.

talonXracer
06-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Yes it was Hondata that had originally hacked the Kseries programming, but it wasnt overnight, cheap or a complete hack, in fact they took several years to fully read the program. And you can bet they are not releasing any info on what they did.

minivan_assassin
06-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Exactly, the ECU is a COMPUTER. If you want to hack it then you better be damn good at figuring out their proprietary code and changing it (IE, Hondata). There's no modding of voltage.

And badgers is right, you don't increase voltage to increase CPU speed. The only time you'd up the juice is to maintain a higher overclock not possible at stock voltages at the expense of extra heat.

Gilmour
06-27-2008, 08:13 AM
In the article I was talking about the ECU was talking to them in colors, not Data. So if anyone has hacked an ECU then one of two things must have happen, they must have hacked Honda and stolen info/programs or two they must have hacked Hondata and stolen info/programs. That would probably give you as base to start with. However both cases are highly unlikely and if a hack was out there it would be all over the web in every K forum out there.