PDA

View Full Version : Kraftwerks Rotrex Kit

AUTiger
06-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Taken from k20a.org, just thought I would share it.

"KraftWerks Performance Group, LLC. Releases Honda K-Series Race Rotrex-based Supercharger Kit

Norco, CA — KraftWerks Performance Group, LLC., announces the release of their Honda K-Series Race supercharger kit. The K-Series Race kit is designed for the hardcore K-Engine builder, tuner, racer, and K-Swapper. The Race kit is designed to mount on the Honda K-Series engine where the A/C Compressor was previously mounted. With provisions for both C30 and C38 Rotrex superchargers, this kit is capable of over 500HP! The K-Series Race kit fits all K-Series engine blocks and includes 3 supercharger brackets, an oil cooler (for the Rotrex supercharger), a C30 or C38 Rotrex supercharger of your choice, and a Bosch bypass valve. This kit does NOT include any type of piping or fuel management solution.

KraftWerks’ K-Series Race kit is competitively priced at $2895.

K-Series Race Kit:

The Rotrex Supercharger:
Traction drives transmit power through friction forces between its rolling elements. Great speeds and low noise are just some of the advantages of traction drives over traditional gear transmissions.

The Rotrex Supercharger uses a patented traction drive system. The drive system is comprised of an annulus, three rollers, and a center shaft to the compressor. The patented "ramp effect" in the traction drive increases efficiency and reliability in the drive by regulating the torque transfer capability on demand through self-adjusting planetary rollers.

The Rotrex uses a unique traction fluid called Rotrex SX100. SX100 works by increasing viscosity under high surface pressure, enhancing the traction drive performance by securing the optimum friction between rolling elements while cooling and protecting the system. The Rotrex supercharger pumps the SX100 fluid and does not tie into the engine oil at all, so there is no need to add an oil pump or tap your oil pan.

-KraftWerks Performance Group"

Paolo
06-18-2008, 01:25 PM
nice so no more a/c?! ive been waiting for this for a long time but i dont think im going to sacrifice my a/c.. i guess im not hardcore k swapper.

Tnhatch03
06-18-2008, 01:32 PM
you can always move to alaska.

KraftWerks
06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
You guys are too quick for me!

-OJR

Tnhatch03
06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
we are everywhere in the InTrAwEb.

thechromecoyote
06-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Anyway to mount the intercooler so that it doesnt take up the AC compressor spot?

dkid15
06-18-2008, 04:47 PM
nice kit :) but me <3 AC

jeenyusss
06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
yikes

pics? that is really good price. any mods to fit it in the a3? dyno sheets?

KraftWerks
06-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Intercooler is not the issue. The supercharger mounts where the A/C compressor goes. This kit is specifically designed for Racers and K-Swappers. Our 06+ Civic Si kit will retain A/C. :) I <3 A/C as well!

-OJR

thechromecoyote
06-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Intercooler is not the issue. The supercharger mounts where the A/C compressor goes. This kit is specifically designed for Racers and K-Swappers. Our 06+ Civic Si kit will retain A/C. :) I <3 A/C as well!

-OJR

Will the 06+ si kit fit on our cars?

Lucid Moments
06-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Here is an interesting Link (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=578191) from CRSX. Hondata is building an RSX to go land speed record hunting. 560whp supercharged:meek::meek::meek:

v1c10us
06-18-2008, 08:32 PM
its resleeved and its got the rods the pistons, everything you could possibly need.

PAPITUYO326
06-18-2008, 08:37 PM
I love it.

I will be running that kit in my EF.

SUNEBOY
06-19-2008, 09:29 AM
I love it.

I've seen this on K20a. and CRSX and now here...where else do you post? lol

Kerby
06-19-2008, 11:30 AM
now your giving me another reason to look for an 06+ Si.

no ep3 love...:sick:

civichbsi209
06-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Here is an interesting Link (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=578191) from CRSX. Hondata is building an RSX to go land speed record hunting. 560whp supercharged:meek::meek::meek:

wow.. there goes my first to 500whp with a rotrex s/c in the usa goal! DAMN you HONDATA if i had as much ends as you guys did.. bah.. Oh well Now i can just be a fan and glad im not down how a bunch of $$$.. now what am i going to do with my chassis, k20a2, ips-ksc.. hmmm...

Lucid Moments
06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
I love it.

I've seen this on K20a. and CRSX and now here...where else do you post? lol

He's like mastercard. Everywhere you want to be.:meek::msmooch::mbiggrin::mbiggrin:

STP03BlueSI
06-19-2008, 05:02 PM

-OJR

I have to say that is a really shitty spot.:mangel:

Our AC compressor is fin low to the ground.:mrolleyes:

SUNEBOY
06-19-2008, 05:12 PM
He's like mastercard. Everywhere you want to be.:meek::msmooch::mbiggrin::mbiggrin:

I believe the ad campaign that used that line was from VISA

Princess
06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
now your giving me another reason to look for an 06+ Si.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If the FG coupe didn't weigh so much and look so average I might like it more. My makeup is gonna melt off without A/C. :redface:

ohdamngetit
06-19-2008, 07:28 PM
wtfak!!!! hmmmmm..... massive power or a/c???? :mmad:

Jpax
06-19-2008, 08:00 PM
WOOTT Going KRAFTWERXS FTW!

Princess
06-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Well, A/C is just a boat anchor anyways, right? Props to Kraftwerks for such an awesome kit and making something for us ep3 drivers.

Kerby
06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Really crappy that its not a complete kit. but i guess we should be happy they at least made something. who knows, maybe enough interest and they might decide to make a REAL bolt on kit.

-sent from my pda. wee i made the wireless work. JAJAJAJA

Jpax
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Its a Race kit, its good that it not complete lolmore options for anyone to fabracate some piping for there personal setup. if you can't fab it up you should pick a new hobbie

Windchaser
06-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Wow, without AC in CA, I would probably die of a heat stroke. I was really looking forward to this kit =(.

4angrybadgers
06-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Its a Race kit, its good that it not complete lolmore options for anyone to fabracate some piping for there personal setup. if you can't fab it up you should pick a new hobbie

Yeah, God forbid people without fabbing equipment and knowledge mod cars for a hobby. :der:

Glad to see that Kraftwerks delivered on expectations. I can't wait to see numbers from EPs with this kit.

20CiviC02Si
06-20-2008, 07:26 AM
I am going to begin research on both the rotrex and the older supercharger kits to see what i will be installing on my EP next year.

civichbsi209
06-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Jpax jump on this thing and give us some numbers! Im broke atm and cant afford this kit. Someone jump the boat and get the kit, we already know that the rotrex unit itself can produce numbers. And most of us believe OJR makes quaility products. So lets see some of you ballas jump on this kit, everyone was stating they would get it when it is released! back in the hay day if i wasnt broke i would have gotten this already (wish it was carb legal! DAMN YOU NAZI CALI YOU DID IT TO ME AGIAN.)

kokopuffs405
06-20-2008, 09:57 AM
didnt someone already have this kit... before the crash?

T_Virus
06-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Wow, without AC in CA, I would probably die of a heat stroke. I was really looking forward to this kit =(.

I agree...it is going to be 100 degrees...:mcry: need AC...

4angrybadgers
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM

civicsihb(something like that) did a custom Rotrex kit a while ago. It wasn't anything by Kraftwerks.

civichbsi209
06-20-2008, 11:45 AM

Not this kit, a kit from another company in any case this kit looks nice so someone tried it out.

civichbsi209
06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
civicsihb(something like that) did a custom Rotrex kit a while ago. It wasn't anything by Kraftwerks.

civichbsi209

SP33D FREAK
06-20-2008, 02:58 PM
hahah.... good job on correcting him... I remember you had that Rotrex Kit for sale for so long... Chris Great job gettting it working! Mad props

chinoman44
06-20-2008, 03:23 PM
yea i diffenttly been waiting for this kit for a while but i live in south florida and there's no way im takeing out my A/C :nono:

chinoman44
06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
ok im confused this is for racers and k swapers....but u said that the o6+ si will have A/c....will the 06+ si fit our cars.,...:mconfused:

PAPITUYO326
06-20-2008, 03:39 PM
The Rotrex Kit posted is the RACE KIT. This is a less complete kit intended for people who are not afraid to fabricate on their RACE CARS or project cars. When is the last time you saw a race car with A/C?

Im sure Kraftwerk's has a more daily driver oriented kit (like the 06+ si and fit kits) in the works. In fact, I am almost positive they they had confirmed production for our cars. OJR just wanted to keep you guys in the loop by posting up his extreme kit. Don't be put away by the post. Its just an option for people out there with K's who want serious performance and don't need A/C in their vehicle.

GeNoZiDe
06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
nice so no more a/c?! ive been waiting for this for a long time

hahaha I read this and took it as one straight sentance!! I laughed haha I thought u were excited to get rid of that pesky a/c system and it had been on your mind forever!! hahahahaha

chinoman44
06-20-2008, 08:56 PM
The Rotrex Kit posted is the RACE KIT. This is a less complete kit intended for people who are not afraid to fabricate on their RACE CARS or project cars. When is the last time you saw a race car with A/C?

Im sure Kraftwerk's has a more daily driver oriented kit (like the 06+ si and fit kits) in the works. In fact, I am almost positive they they had confirmed production for our cars. OJR just wanted to keep you guys in the loop by posting up his extreme kit. Don't be put away by the post. Its just an option for people out there with K's who want serious performance and don't need A/C in their vehicle.

ok i understand now thank you for clearing that up....

civichbsi209
06-21-2008, 09:49 AM

PApi I am waiting patiently with your results :P especially track times (if your a 1/4 mile guy)

KraftWerks
06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
This is not the END ALL K-Series kit. This kit is a race kit, to fit all K-Series models.

We have an 06+ Civic Si kit that retains A/C and P/S, and is extremely fast. I <3 my A/C

-OJR

mustclime
06-26-2008, 06:15 PM
god, I hate being right all the time. There will be a boltin kit for the ep3 about the time........

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/jenblack555/hell_freeze.jpg

:mfrown:

jerseyjew
06-26-2008, 06:51 PM
god, I hate being right all the time. There will be a boltin kit for the ep3 about the time........

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/jenblack555/hell_freeze.jpg

:mfrown:
Just buy the K-series kit, pull out the A/C and have a mean, mean EP3.

Jiyakku2
06-26-2008, 10:41 PM
You guys are too quick for me!

-OJR

Obviously these guys do not see the big picture:

K-Series Race Kit- (On Sale Now) Many applications: Custom fabrication for both K Series equipped cars (AC delete) and K swaps.

06+ Civic Si Kit- (Est. Late fall) 06+ Civic Si ONLY (No other application)

02-05 Civic Si- (TBD) ??? But not written off yet

CAN YOU SEE THAT THESE ARE ALL DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS?
For those who are impatient and want it now for your EP, the only option seems to be the Race Kit but you should know what you are getting yourself in to first. (It is like installing Stage 3 camshafts or any other major modification- if you find yourself asking a lot of questions about it, chances are you should not be working on it).

taikahn
07-04-2008, 08:09 AM
We are now an authorized kraftwerks dealer and installer.

Anyone considering doing this, hit us up.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2561

Tai
CorSport