PDA

View Full Version : kpro help needed

Ep3 No.2
06-18-2008, 07:35 PM
recently got my car started after 2years and 3 months of sitting in my garage. did what i could off of sounds and common sence. and so far in the past two days i(relevant wise atleast)...
replaced radiator, fan, hoses and therm.
filled coolant
changed oil and filter
installed dc5r tb, 85a mm, and a few other small things.
cleaned iacv
fixed alternator
siphoned out 7gallons of 2 year old gas
a few other small things.

but my problem is w my idle. i havent driven it on the road yet. i had a massive vacuum leak at the intake manifold base but torqued the bolts and it worked fine. now my problem is 1, my water guage doesnt work any more but reads on kpro(wierd thing was it worked the first day i started it but not anymore) 2, for the error codes window in kmanager everything reads as "not supported" even when i have the parameters->misc->enable emissions error checking, box checked. i thought my 11.5 a/f ratio at idle could be because of running no exhaust and the pcm tried to compensate for the lean mixture but if that was the case i dont think it would compensate it that rich. it also sounds like i have a engine misfire which i know should throw a code but it isnt(and yes i checked the plugs). i jus needed help getting my error code components to be " support"

tia,
Aaron

ALL MotoR Ep3
06-18-2008, 07:39 PM
i recommend you just pay a tuner ...or find somebody in your area that can tune it for you but i hope you correct the problem before its to late....bump ttt somebody lend a helping hand.

Ep3 No.2
06-18-2008, 07:56 PM
well the thing is my car worked perfectly fine w/ the same tune over two years ago.

squeak04si
06-19-2008, 01:23 PM
that was then and this is now.

Civic5lug
06-19-2008, 05:40 PM
What kal are you runing? You try to uplaid your kal again with an updated kmanager for the hell of it? Post up your kal.

that was then and this is now.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/slap_1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Jpax
06-19-2008, 07:59 PM
check your hose from the PVC valve to intake manifold, check that all gaskets are sealed, throttle bodie, and maks sure all holes on the throttle bodie are sealed, if you removed the stock map sensor. and do what Civici5lugie said check the Kal

4angrybadgers
06-20-2008, 05:32 AM
From your OP it sounds like you threw on all these mods as soon as you got back. Did you make sure the car was running fine BEFORE putting on new stuff?

Ep3 No.2
06-20-2008, 12:38 PM
thanks for the advice pax imma do that once i get back from spocom

but civic5lug i did that and it still didnt work. i even uploaded a stock kal jus for the hell of it and and my error codes still didnt work.

and what were you sayng about removing the stock map sensor ?

Ep3 No.2
06-23-2008, 10:10 PM
after erasing the ecu on kmanager i still cant get my car to read error codes any one have any other ideas ?

thetunersource
06-24-2008, 12:07 AM
gotta recommend a professional tuner/mechanic, time can wreck havoc on a car...

talonXracer
06-24-2008, 07:34 AM
You may have an injector that has some hardened varnish or debris stuck in it. Either remove them and send them in R/C to be cleaned, have a shop run a injector cleaner system or replace them. Those cans of fuel injector cleaners from the parts store do not work worth shit, as the fuel already has the same cleaners in it.

Ep3 No.2
06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
i was thinking of checking the injectors next.

but the fact is my error codes still dont work. in the error codes window and under readiness codes (bottom half) under each sensor it says "not compatable"

Ep3 No.2
06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
thanks for the advice talon. i got it working after tweaking with the kpro for a bit and ive got 5 dtc's right now. misfire cyl 1-4 and random misfire. so im thinking its either replace the plugs or do the injector cleaning. you think seafoam will do the trick w injectors ?