PDA

View Full Version : 171 whp

JoshSI
07-12-2002, 07:03 AM
I have a buddy who is really into hot rods and the guy that built his motor is a testing/development guy for flowmaster. He has his own office with his own dyno room and people send him cars and he fixs them up and tries to squeeze more hp out of them each day (sounds like a bad ass job to me). He is mostly into hot rods and such but he just got sent a 2002 civic si. He doesnt know much about it at all but he said when dynoed it has 171whp. MY EYES POPED OUT OF MY HEAD WHEN HE SAID THAT! He doesnt know exactly what all is on the car yet but as soon as i find out im leting you guys know!

miamijdm
07-12-2002, 07:32 AM
damn, thats kick ass... find out what mods he had and keep us posted... thanks

JoshSI
07-12-2002, 08:57 AM
The guy said that there are some prototype DC parts on the car. That doesnt make that much sense to me though. Why would a car sent to flowmaster have DC sports exhaust on it. IM SO ANXIOUS TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON. That is a big increase. I mean what all could it possibly have on it. Not much is out yet and its producing 40hp over stock

fishboy
07-12-2002, 12:06 PM
damn, i'm getting their header and TCS for sure now.

JSIR
07-12-2002, 04:38 PM
that sounds good but it all depends what dyno the guy is using, and what a stock Si would dyno on that same machine before we get excited about that power level. Different dynos read different power numbers, the important thing is the delta change between stock and mods - before and after numbers. Its hard to imagine anyone with DC prototype parts when they are not available yet. If you get any more info please let us know though.

Az02Si
07-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Sorry,im doubting the 171 cliam.....I doubt bolt ons will help THAT much.I can see 160,but i dunno about 170,that seems to be pushing it...

sammysir
07-18-2002, 09:35 PM
nah very possible to get that much....... run some serious gas or charge ....
which i still thinks cheating(gas i mean)........ and it would be damn hard to do that with every dcs product in their catalog

02SilverSiHB
07-23-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Az02Si
Sorry,im doubting the 171 cliam.....I doubt bolt ons will help THAT much.I can see 160,but i dunno about 170,that seems to be pushing it...
yeah, that sounds a little weird to me. I doubt that made that good of gains just from bolt ons