PDA

View Full Version : factory headunit getting hot?

LazyAzzAzian
11-18-2002, 06:57 PM
does anyone else find that their factory headunit gets really hot while its on? i could understand if it was warm but it gets to the point were its almost too hot to touch, just wanna know if this is normal

mckendz213
11-23-2002, 12:19 AM
mine does get pretty damn hot too, i dunno, i dont think that its bad, i just hope it doesnt melt a cd or some crazy shit like that, but its prolly nothing to worry bout

FailureToStop
11-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Mine gets warm --- at three volume bars. If it gets too hot to the touch, it is either defective or you are playing it at x-tremely loud volumes at extended periods.

LazyAzzAzian
11-27-2002, 04:23 PM
i usually play mine at about 3 volume bars, nothing too extreme, but do you think the heat has an affect? because i usually have the temp. in the middle, with the fan at the first notch

Smitty
11-27-2002, 07:56 PM
I have to agree about the factory headunit heat issue. Mine gets very hot and I am not (usually) playing the stereo at extreme volumes. I'm going to ask about it next time I'm at the dealership.

myeverlovinsir
11-27-2002, 08:02 PM
I would not worry about this, during the summer months and
because the interior is black, you will have alot of heat generated
inside, the header is dead center under the console so this also
adds to the heat. Nothing a good shade and air cond. won't fix.:D

LazyAzzAzian
11-28-2002, 12:36 AM
thanks for the help guys...smitty let me know how it goes when you go to the dealership...as for the stereo if it messes up, it should still be under warranty so i wont worry about it

Jpax
11-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Try pooring water on it to cool it down....:confused: :eek:

j/p;)

X 2KS2K
11-28-2002, 05:06 PM
after about 3.5 hrs of driving yesterday, my cd player wouldn't play. The display flashed "Hot" when i tried to put a cd in, or switch from radio to cd. i was only on 3 or 4 bars for the whole trip, and it wasn't excessively hot outside, it was in the 50s for most of the trip. i turned the ac on for awhile, and after about an hour, it started working again. man, i was so pissed, it stopped working in a dead zone, all i could pick up was some christian talk show and some country music station :(

DrPimpSiR
12-04-2002, 02:28 PM
The same shit was happening to me!!
Last time I travelled a long distance mine shut off and displayed:Hot.
I've been too busy to go to the dealer.
Has anyone received any info?