PDA

View Full Version : My Fun Day

HartDrummerKev
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
So yesterday was a fun day. All started off well. I had an interview that went great:thumb: Then on my way to work, my ac went out, it was blowing hot air then cold air:ohwell: I rolled down the windows and everything was cool. I figured i would get it serviced in the morning no big deal. Then after i get off work I pull my car from the back parking lot to the front one. I go back inside to fill out paper work before I leave and my co-worker comes in and says I have a Flat tire. :frusty: I go out look at the tire and hope there is no side wall damage. Call the house and have someone drive the 30+ miles to bring me my spare, I dont carry it because it is a full size and it dossent fit. Once my spare and jack get here I change the tire and Find a 3 inch gash in the tred on the underside of the tire. My Friend takes it in to work to have the guys there look at it, and they dont carry big enough patches to fix it. My question to you all is do i patch it or get a new tire?

Oh yeah I got the ac fixed, just needed a recharge and now its all good.:becky:

v1c10us
06-19-2008, 10:14 PM
you dont want to patch a hole that size.
Typically patches are bad, firestone uses a special plug from the inside of the tire that doesnt compromise highspeed safety or anything because they used to do what everyone else does (stick that thing in with a hook) and they got sued because someone died because the tire wasn't capable of traveling at speeds over like 75 mph and it exploded.
a hole that size is most likely un patchable and if it is your gonna have balance issues, not to mention any spirited driving could possibly rip the gash open, depending on if its lateral or horizontal, cornering or acceleration would probably rip it right open.
I would get a new tire for safety's sake.

silver hatch
06-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Typically patches are bad, firestone uses a special plug from the inside of the tire that doesnt compromise highspeed safety or anything because they used to do what everyone else does (stick that thing in with a hook) and they got sued because someone died because the tire wasn't capable of traveling at speeds over like 75 mph and it exploded.
a hole that size is most likely un patchable and if it is your gonna have balance issues, not to mention any spirited driving could possibly rip the gash open, depending on if its lateral or horizontal, cornering or acceleration would probably rip it right open.

Good advice brotha. :thumb:

HartDrummerKev
06-19-2008, 10:55 PM

Thanks for the advise, now i get to go tire shopping!!:bounce:

jtyler05si
06-20-2008, 05:19 AM
now...is the new tire going in the front or the back?