PDA

View Full Version : is this a good clutch

The S
06-21-2008, 11:30 PM
clutch masters fx300? same price as the 200

03Si757
06-22-2008, 10:43 AM
clutch masters fx300? same price as the 200

Just about all of the CM clutchs are good choices. What do you plan to use it for? Daily Driving or Race? Ill tell you know, dont go over board if your looking for something for daily driver, I think I may have and its annoyning.

The S
06-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Just about all of the CM clutchs are good choices. What do you plan to use it for? Daily Driving or Race? Ill tell you know, dont go over board if your looking for something for daily driver, I think I may have and its annoyning.

well i got guardians turbo kit.....im doing a k24 swap in the near future so im lookin somewhere in the high 300s also what flywheel? saw true honda had a deal on act clutch and flywheel combo

itchy5
06-22-2008, 02:21 PM
ACT is good, get something with a sprung center if you can because it cuts down on chatter. Also, i'd say semi-lightweight flywheel would be good. something like 12-14 lbs. Try to get a full face because puck clutches (3 puck 6 puck etc) are really grippy for DD. just get a heavy dudy PP (300+ HP) and a semi-race / modded street clutch.

The S
06-23-2008, 10:18 AM
idk if a flywheel is in the budget for this :( would my stock one or a type s one work?

03Si757
06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
idk if a flywheel is in the budget for this :( would my stock one or a type s one work?

If you get a Type S flywheel youll have to get a Type S Clutch aswell, just something to remember, A EP3 Clutch will not match up with a TypeS Flywheel and vise versa.

Id say IF you can afford go with a Type S flywheel and Type S clutch. But your stock flywheel will be more then fine.

The S
06-23-2008, 12:36 PM
If you get a Type S flywheel youll have to get a Type S Clutch aswell, just something to remember, A EP3 Clutch will not match up with a TypeS Flywheel and vise versa.

Id say IF you can afford go with a Type S flywheel and Type S clutch. But your stock flywheel will be more then fine.

i got a type s flywheel for $20 from a local and showstoppers said $400 for an act clutch (stage 2 or 3 i think)

davisj3537
06-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't get an act clutch:meek: You can use your stock ep3 flywheel only with clutchmasters clutches which are high 500s. You can use that stock type s fly(20 bucks fuck yeah dude!!!) with any k series clutch. Get that competition clutch I sent you a link for. It will hold high 300s. The act clutch is super hard on the hydraulics of your stock system. It will cause failures of the cmc and slave cylinder. The competition clutch I showed is cheaper anyway:gossip:

The S
06-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't get an act clutch:meek: You can use your stock ep3 flywheel only with clutchmasters clutches which are high 500s. You can use that stock type s fly(20 bucks fuck yeah dude!!!) with any k series clutch. Get that competition clutch I sent you a link for. It will hold high 300s. The act clutch is super hard on the hydraulics of your stock system. It will cause failures of the cmc and slave cylinder. The competition clutch I showed is cheaper anyway:gossip:

why cheaper!!! thanks, now whats the weight diff in your flywheel and the type s

jeenyusss
06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
t the flywheel resurfaced if your using it with a new clutch:whip:

davisj3537
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
why cheaper!!! thanks, now whats the weight diff in your flywheel and the type s

It's cheaper cuz more people buy them over the act cuz act sucks balls. I have had both on my car and will never purchase another act product. My flywheel is 8.8lbs and your type s one is 16lbs. Some people like a heavy flywheel on a boosted car and some like a light one.
Heavy-more turbo lag but easier to drive.
Light- Less lag and quicker shifts but a little harder to drive.

The S
06-23-2008, 10:01 PM
bought a comp clutch stage 4 sprung. gonna use a type s flywheel so we shall see

davisj3537
06-24-2008, 06:53 AM
bought a comp clutch stage 4 sprung. gonna use a type s flywheel so we shall see

Great choice sir:mwink: