PDA

View Full Version : help with k-pro before tuning

supercivician
06-22-2008, 05:20 AM
i just need help picking a kpro map before i can get to the tuner.

my mod are:
k24a1
revhard stage 2 kit with 630injectors
rbc

jeenyusss
06-22-2008, 05:41 AM
i just looked, no clue man :mconfused:

clutch797
06-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Did you not learn from your last fuck up? Take it and have it tuned before you even start it. With your luck you are goin to need all the help you can get.

bdooley
06-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Did you not learn from your last fuck up? Take it and have it tuned before you even start it. With your luck you are goin to need all the help you can get.

i agree with you. yo man ill take the ride to evans when you get tuned if you would like

supercivician
06-22-2008, 07:19 PM

the last fuck up was done by shitty tuning at 1320. please i dont need your comment if youre not going to help with the kpro.

phister
06-22-2008, 09:19 PM
i say just trailer it over there IMO

clutch797
06-22-2008, 09:31 PM
You know what then, Stop being a Fucking TOOL. You screwed up by putting money that you did not have, then spending it on a car that was your only means of transportation and it was blown up. It very well may have been bad tuning but it's your fault for letting someone you don't trust or who dose not have a good rep. touch the damn thing. You cried in your last post and i really don't think anyone wants to hear you do it again because you don't want to listen to what people who know what they are talking about. Take your car to them on a trailer and have them do it from start to finish.

End rant.

playap07
06-22-2008, 10:40 PM
You know what then, Stop being a Fucking TOOL. You screwed up by putting money that you did not have, then spending it on a car that was your only means of transportation and it was blown up. It very well may have been bad tuning but it's your fault for letting someone you don't trust or who dose not have a good rep. touch the damn thing. You cried in your last post and i really don't think anyone wants to hear you do it again because you don't want to listen to what people who know what they are talking about. Take your car to them on a trailer and have them do it from start to finish.

End rant.

now now now! im doing the same thing he is! dropping a turbo in ma dd and i have no other car! if it blow thats ma fault but ill buy another motor and try again. all he is askin if for a kal! thats all! hes not tuning it i think evan is from the last time i checked! AM I RIGHT? what ever the case is he just wants to know a kal he did not say hes tuning it himself ya know!:rant:end!

good luck my friend! remember videos or ima be pissed!

phister
06-23-2008, 12:47 AM
I know davis has a k24a1, but hes got a cybernation kit. You can try pming him and see what he has done or if he can help with your kal. But I would be on the safe side and trailer it just to make sure everything is done correct from start to finish

supercivician
06-23-2008, 05:35 AM
now now now! im doing the same thing he is! dropping a turbo in ma dd and i have no other car! if it blow thats ma fault but ill buy another motor and try again. all he is askin if for a kal! thats all! hes not tuning it i think evan is from the last time i checked! AM I RIGHT? what ever the case is he just wants to know a kal he did not say hes tuning it himself ya know!:rant:end!

good luck my friend! remember videos or ima be pissed!

thank you...some people just dont get it.

End rant.

there is no need to get mad. i never said i dont have money, and i never said i dont have another car to get around. and let me ask you this, if you live in tx and the tune shop is in az, would you just save that money and get a base map and drive it there?

supercivician
06-23-2008, 05:36 AM
I know davis has a k24a1, but hes got a cybernation kit. You can try pming him and see what he has done or if he can help with your kal. But I would be on the safe side and trailer it just to make sure everything is done correct from start to finish

thank you

4angrybadgers
06-23-2008, 05:54 AM

End rant.

Why don't you act like an adult? If you have advice for someone, present it reasonably or you're just "being a fucking tool". People make mistakes, give them a chance to learn from them.

There's nothing wrong with asking for a base tune so you can get to a pro tuner. Many of us do that without issues. I agree, trailering it there would be the safest, but sometimes it's not an option.

supercivician
06-23-2008, 07:03 AM
so i just called evans to make an appointment. their online calender is not up to date. the earliest date they have available is tuesday 7/29.

dustyboner
06-23-2008, 07:43 AM
damn, thats a long time to wait.

how far does your car have to go to get to the tuners?

supercivician
06-23-2008, 07:58 AM
damn, thats a long time to wait.

how far does your car have to go to get to the tuners?

about 90miles

clutch797
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I am not mad in any way, you have had very bad luck and you have said you don't have the money for all this in your last post about it. If your going to do things right then don't try and cut cornners. If you You could use base map for the motor you have as long as you don't boost. It seems to me that you bit off more then you could chew last time. The reason i say this is because you wanted someone else to go with you and fine out why the motor blew. You had no idea why or even what the hell to look at.

Why don't you act like an adult? If you have advice for someone, present it reasonably or you're just "being a fucking tool". People make mistakes, give them a chance to learn from them.

There's nothing wrong with asking for a base tune so you can get to a pro tuner. Many of us do that without issues. I agree, trailering it there would be the safest, but sometimes it's not an option.
I am acting like an adult, He is IIRC 20 somehting years old and still live with his parents. That to me is irresponsible. If your are in that age range and still with your parents then it's time to grow up and move out.

supercivician
06-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I am not mad in any way, you have had very bad luck and you have said you don't have the money for all this in your last post about it. If your going to do things right then don't try and cut cornners. If you You could use base map for the motor you have as long as you don't boost. It seems to me that you bit off more then you could chew last time. The reason i say this is because you wanted someone else to go with you and fine out why the motor blew. You had no idea why or even what the hell to look at.

I am acting like an adult, He is IIRC 20 somehting years old and still live with his parents. That to me is irresponsible. If your are in that age range and still with your parents then it's time to grow up and move out.

We know the motor blew because of the tuning. njsvlrtypes took it apart and check it. 1320 overboosted.

what sup with you and moving out? is it really that important to move out? not everyone needs to follow your foot steps. but never mind, lets just drop it and move on.

bdooley
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
We know the motor blew because of the tuning. njsvlrtypes took it apart and check it. 1320 overboosted.

what sup with you and moving out? is it really that important to move out? not everyone needs to follow your foot steps. but never mind, lets just drop it and move on.

i really hope you can take those pics that bill took to 1320 and try to get some money back at least enough to cover the motor they blew on you

4angrybadgers
06-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Living with your parents at 20 is irresponsible?!? Wow, I don't even know where to begin with your horrible misconceptions... :mrolleyes: At 20 I was living in a dormitory at college, but you can bet your ass that when summer came, I was back home living with my parents. Not every young man is a rebellious asswipe that has to move out of his parents' house at 18, and the fact that you can't see that makes me very sad. Frankly, I applaud him for saving on rent and living expenses for a bit.

The fact that you feel the need to do a character analysis of him in this thread speaks volumes about your attitude. Now, I'm going to refrain from further derailment of this man's thread, and I highly suggest you show some maturity and do the same.

supercivician, since it's a 90-mile trip to the tuner I'd say try to get a trailer and tow it. You've got a lot of money sunk into it, my advice is to minimize the risk as much as possible.

jeenyusss
06-23-2008, 04:33 PM
i agree with the trailer homie. thats what ill be doing one day :baby:

supercivician
06-23-2008, 04:55 PM
the thing about towing the car is that the car is at njslvrtypes. that means i have to tow it to my house then tow it to evan's. by tow means that i have to rent a uhaul truck and trailer. the 2 tow could cost up to 400 plus gas and miles. i dont know about you guys but that 400 could goes somewhere else. if i use base map and drive slow, i dont think its bad, right?

MugenReplica
06-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Keep the thread respectful, please. If you disagree with the threadstarter, then say it in a constructive manner without using foul language. I understand where you are coming from and know that you have concern for him and his well being. I appreciate it in that aspect. No further foul language and NON-constructive criticism, it WILL NOT be tolerated on my watch.:mrolleyes:

Also for anybody who does the same back towards that person, you will be in the same boat.

Lets keep this civil guys. We're all here because we love our Ep3 and want to help each other out.

Again, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is fine. Please DO post that, as it could help the threadstarter immensely.