PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running the JRSC-R w/ Reflash?

tsxdriver
06-22-2008, 11:49 AM
if so, how does your car hold up? any problems? thinking of going with the race kit but don't want to bother with kpro. thanks in advance!

Kodeen
06-22-2008, 12:05 PM
For some reason I never get a straight answer when I ask this, so I guess it's not a popular setup.

tsxdriver
06-22-2008, 02:53 PM
For some reason I never get a straight answer when I ask this, so I guess it's not a popular setup.

:mfrown::sad::help:

clutch797
06-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Ill be straight with you. Looking at the cars you have I really don't think you have a problem with money so don't be cheap ass. Just buy kpro.

I ran the jrsc-r but i had kpro with the base map and it ran like crap vs. tuned.

tsxdriver
06-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Ill be straight with you. Looking at the cars you have I really don't think you have a problem with money so don't be cheap ass. Just buy kpro.

I ran the jrsc-r but i had kpro with the base map and it ran like crap vs. tuned.

i don't trust the tuners down here so that's why i don't wanna deal with kpro. money isn't the issue lol.

roboticfailure
06-22-2008, 04:53 PM
if you buy kpro the cal is on there you can just load the same reflash there going to give it anyway, and they you have all the features of kpro at your disposal.

jerseyjew
06-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I ran the JRSC-R with reflash for over a year. It is designed for you to be able to run your car like that forever. The reflash is a very conserative tune that will work with most I/H/E setups paired with your JRSC and 440cc injectors. If you want to squeeze every bit of extra HP out of the setup, then Kpro is must. You are 100% fine with just running the reflash though. Also, as mentioned, the reflash that comes with the kit is the same map that is provided with Kpro.

clutch797
06-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Like i said, I ran and base map with the race kit and it felt good but, I had a problem with knocks and part throttle. I did some street tuning and just that made a hell of a diffrence.

beechstreet
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
i ran the base map on the JRSC-R for a couple months. other than the CEL poppin up after awhile for running rich, it ran just fine. I did gain 30hp with a dynotune though and the car runs alot smoother

thetunersource
06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
no competent tuners in hawaii?

Windchaser
06-24-2008, 12:20 AM
I also ran the JRSC-R in 2005 w/ just a reflash. Than I went with a smaller pulley and had to upgrade to a PRB KPro. I put out 220whp and was not satisfied. I sold the kit w/ only 2 months of ownership LOL.

Kodeen
06-24-2008, 07:21 AM
@ Teambeechstreet: what was your i/h/e setup when you got the CEL for running rich off the base tune? Do you know what your a/f ratio at the time was?

@ Jerseyjew & Windchaser: When you two were running the actual reflash, did either of you get rich CELs?

beechstreet
06-24-2008, 07:25 AM
@ Teambeechstreet: what was your i/h/e setup when you got the CEL for running rich off the base tune? Do you know what your a/f ratio at the time was?

setup was Aem V2, Megan 4-1 shorty header, OEM cat, and Comptech Catback. No idea what the A/F ratio was

66elwood99
06-26-2008, 09:26 PM
I've been running with the reflash for over two years and 50,000 miles now, only issue was like others running a little rich.......killed the cat and primary o2sensor...since changed sensor and went with a test pipe.....I was going to go kpro but my son decided that he wanted to do a semester in London..so money got a little tight and I need to make the payment on the s2k :mwink:

jerseyjew
06-27-2008, 01:35 PM

@ Jerseyjew & Windchaser: When you two were running the actual reflash, did either of you get rich CELs?
I only got the CEL for running rich once, if I recall correctly. The reflash is designed to run rich so it is on the safe side of things. If you add a RH to the setup it helps use some of that extra fuel to make more power.

illusionsoflife
06-27-2008, 02:30 PM
i don't trust the tuners down here so that's why i don't wanna deal with kpro. money isn't the issue lol.

money isnt the issue!!! LOL!!! your a cocky bitch arent you. but if i had cars like yours i would be. btw your tsx is the sexiest EVER

illusionsoflife
06-27-2008, 02:31 PM
ill ask my buddy. he ran on the reflash for a few months...then his motor blew....the valve train fell apart. it was the stock valve train.

makavelibranded
06-27-2008, 03:41 PM
if you buy kpro the cal is on there you can just load the same reflash there going to give it anyway, and they you have all the features of kpro at your disposal.

sorry i really dont mean to go off subject but is there a base map for running a revhard kit in kpro?

or can someone check for me :yo:

jerseyjew
06-27-2008, 08:04 PM
sorry i really dont mean to go off subject but is there a base map for running a revhard kit in kpro?

or can someone check for me :yo:
Dont load Kmanager yourself from www.hondata.com and check it out!

Lost03si
06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
lol. Drew, if you had the JRSC-R with K/pro a few weeks back you could have gotten it tuned by shawn Church.:mbiggrin: He tuned a bunch of cars at munkywerks

tsxdriver
06-28-2008, 03:50 PM
thanks for all the replies guys:mcool: i think i'm just gonna go with the reflash and if i feel that i need more then i'll upgrade to kpro:mbiggrin:

jerseyjew
06-28-2008, 05:04 PM
thanks for all the replies guys:mcool: i think i'm just gonna go with the reflash and if i feel that i need more then i'll upgrade to kpro:mbiggrin:
You won't be dissapointed! :mbiggrin:

civictype_r04
06-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Reflash is not made anymore I thought? Just get K-pro and learn How to adjust it then you can street tune it.:thumb: