PDA

View Full Version : Invisible mudguards?

shenmuep3
06-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is such a thing as invisible mudguards. It would be something like the invisible bra( a thin clear film that protects the front of the car from stone chips etc). Is there a product out there that does the same thing except for the areas that a mudguard would protect? I think I have seen this on other cars, I think it was a G35. Anyway, I cannot find anything on it via the internet. Any advice would be great, I really do not like my mud guards (they are the OEM ones) I think they mess with the cars lines and it world look much clearing without them, but I still want that protection because I hate stone chips. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! :msmile:

phister
06-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Just buy the 3M clear protection film thats not pre cut. or you can try this site, they'll make any 3M protection film for whichever part of the car you need from rocker panels, wheels, fenders, hoods, bumpers, etc.

http://www.transhine.com/Auto-Armor.asp

thetunersource
06-24-2008, 12:13 AM
yea just make one yourself, I found the material online and fitted it myself

j0000stin
06-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey guys,
I think they mess with the cars lines

i think they make the car look sick imo haha i bough splash guards only because it looks sicker..maybe since my ep is nhbp and yours is white

Fico
06-25-2008, 09:11 AM
i think they make the car look sick imo haha i bough splash guards only because it looks sicker..maybe since my ep is nhbp and yours is white

they look sick on white with black rims i just got some and i love them they add another dimension to the car!

RollinCivic
06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Just buy the 3M clear protection film thats not pre cut. or you can try this site, they'll make any 3M protection film for whichever part of the car you need from rocker panels, wheels, fenders, hoods, bumpers, etc.

http://www.transhine.com/Auto-Armor.asp

^ Yea that. I have a friend of mine that did that and his car looks great. You cant see it unless you look close. And even then it still looks good. And the paint underneath has no chips or anything.

I would do that to my car but my paint is already f''ed up:mrolleyes:

shenmuep3
06-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I guse its a taste issue, but another thing that I dont like about the mud guards is that they themselves actaully damage the paint. I took them off only after having them on for about 8 months and they etched into the paint finish leaving deep scratches. After I found this out I opted to take them off. Since they have been off for about a week now I think the ep looks way cleaner. I really want to buy this 3M stuff asap and put it on. Thanks for all the feed back everyone!