PDA

View Full Version : Interior questions

Da90Ls
06-23-2008, 04:54 AM
When I bought my car I didnt think too much about it but now (2 months down the road) Im looking closely at the interior for the fogs switchs placement for the DIY im bout to do, and I noticed that there is this little vent thing on the right hand side of the steering column. At first I thought it was a coin holder so I dropped a quarter in it and it fell right to the floor.

What does that thing do? or why is it there?

Also there are extra plates where it looks like there should be buttons. One next to cruise (which I guess is for fogs) one next to the mirrors? one below that little vent thing ?? and a silver circle thing on the opposite side of the shifter???

Does anyone know what is supposed to go here?

Princess
06-23-2008, 05:03 AM
This car was made in many different trims and versions.

dashehonda
06-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Trim with the alarm? im not sure

Da90Ls
06-23-2008, 06:06 AM
I know it had many trims, versions, options, or whatever, but what I want to know is what all goes in there.

All I know of is fogs. That gets rid of one of the ports. But we still have 2 ports and that little vent thing that no air comes out of on any of the air path options.

I doubt the alarm would have came with a button on the dash to turn it on and off. And usually an alarm light is in with the radio correct.

Should I post pictures to show what I am talking about?

Princess
06-23-2008, 06:13 AM
The blank silver button that does nothing can be replaced with a cigarette lighter. Although a better option might be a boost gauge or a button for your nitrous. Some people install a S2000 start button there.

The thing that your coin fell through is just for decoration, it's functionless.

And the blank spot to the left of the steering wheel can be replaced with the JDM coin holder, or was it the fog light control? I dunno, been a long time since I been in my car.

Da90Ls
06-23-2008, 06:34 AM
Could it be Fog lights, power folding mirrors, coin tray, and cigg lighter/start button?

Or does the power folding mirror option go along with the JDM switch for the morror adjustment controls? I know in a DA thats how it was.

thaseint
06-23-2008, 07:21 AM
That vent piece you are referring to is for the automatic climate control option that was on some models of the CTR.

You'll see some CTR's with the hot/cold knob that has temperatures listed...these are the models with the ACC. I've mainly seen this on the JDM models; but I do recall seeing this on UKDM models as well...just doesn't seem to be as common.

jtyler05si
06-23-2008, 07:27 AM
i used the blank fog light spot for my alarm...

i put the led indicator light on there so when i or someone else walks up to car, the bright blue led is blinking visibly from the driver side door...

and the valet button is in a pretty cool place also...but i wont say where (:

Da90Ls
06-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Instead of putting a slotted piece of plastic there could they have done something better with it? Like a coin tray. Insert coins and they all collect in the same pot like a piggy bank. HAHA

Something better than that I was just joking because thats what I though it was at first.

jtyler05si
06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
i was going to put the two way reciever for my alarm ( little corded unit that you stick on underside of dash somewhere to recieve signal from pager), but i dont think it fit or something. i thought it would be perfect because it would be concealed yet still have the least amount of material between you and reciever....
i ended up putting it high up in between radio and clusters, on underside of black plastic.
works pretty well so far.

edit: oh yeah, when i first saw it i was hoping it was an air vent.... i love it when the car has those vents under steering column. crotch cooler ftw!