PDA

View Full Version : Stop whining!

ocara64
11-19-2002, 12:31 AM
If you have a new SI stop whining about other cars that have more HP from the factory. Get of your lazy asses and build your cars up. You know Honda's have tons of potential and a huge aftermarket following, which was probably the reason you brought one in the first place.
Civics have always been slow, but its because of us modifying them, that you have other OEM's making cars to take the civic and hondas out the spotlight.
For all you doubters, get something else other than a Honda. As for me:
"HONDA FOR LIFE"........

Suk02Si
11-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Right on.

The only way other companies seem to be making faster compacts is by FI. Slap a turbo on the Si and watch it humiliate an SRT or Mazdaspeed 5.

1fastminivan
11-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Preach on!!!
HONDA FOR LIFE!!.......................................

Unless I get super duper rich and can afford a Skyline;)

iR-VTEC2
11-19-2002, 02:10 AM
well in that case.....we should START whining.

whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNEEEE PSSHH WhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIINNNEEEE PSSSHHHT!

Gasp23
11-19-2002, 07:01 AM
HONDA FOR LIFE! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

ssvr6
11-19-2002, 07:37 AM
I didn't buy this car because it was fast. I bought it for reliability, comfort and for a nice aftermarket following. On that same note, I'm no whiner. I know that about 50% of the sporty compacts out there (generalization) can beat in the quarter mile. I don't care, I just enjoy my drive.

Steve

SubliminalSi
11-19-2002, 07:50 AM
My si can beat most of the rice crap around here, its just the real race, super suped up cars. Or the rsx-s and gsr, im much slower:o :confused: :mad:

@doval
11-19-2002, 08:09 AM
Right On

i have 34 y old and since 18 have hondas and i'm very proud of mine cause here in Puerto Rico / US virgin island only Honda brough 30 of them for the 2002 ;)

atl-si
11-19-2002, 08:19 AM
In five years we will see who is laughing. Hahahahaha!! ;)

silver ep
11-19-2002, 08:33 AM
In five years we will see who is laughing. Hahahahaha!!

Try one or two years! Hahahahahaha :D

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 08:46 AM
Im a whiner and i have every reason to be also.Some of you are just totally dilluted.Throw a turbo on the Si and watch it destroy the SRT? No shit,ya really think so? :p I never woulda thought :rolleyes: But then ya got a 22K+ CIVIC,loaded down with parts that WILL affect reliability.Sorry guys ive been there and done that already so dont start.I lost my ASS too when i parted everything out....OF COURSE itll run circles around a stock SRT with a turbo.....The point is STOCK FOR STOCK the 02 is really getting its ass handed to it right about now.Sorry,but agree or not,we shouldnt have to spend thousands building our cars up to compete with the new wave of sport compacts out there now.Yea i love my car,but some of you have to admit it IS lacking....Flame away,since i know half of you will have a really hard time realizing that this is just my OPINION.

gpt
11-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Az02Si are you gonna keep your car stock? I see you had a JRSC before.

This cames back to the same argument turbo beats non turbo in power - no shit!!! Dodge is producing a turbo with 200+hp, does this make it a better car than an SIR - faster yes, but better no. Sit in a Dodge and you will realize it is a POS (IMO).
The other cars which SCC thinks rate better are in fact be better for some people, but I appreciate quality over form and so for me the Honda wins hands down. It's all up to what you value the most - quality or impressive figures on paper.
Besides if a Honda was good enough for Ayrton Senna - it's good enough for me!:D

IceD out N CALI
11-19-2002, 09:14 AM
looks like people are pissed mainly because it isnt as fast as other compacts. If speed is what you want then an Si is the wrong car by a mile. it is quick, but not fast

Glix2
11-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Think about it, all SCC is trying to do is piss off Honda of America enough that they will bring over the CTR.

If SCC keeps slamming Honda's product offering in the sport compact category they will have no choice but to compete.

jaydub
11-19-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I didn't buy this car because it was fast. I bought it for reliability, comfort and for a nice aftermarket following. On that same note, I'm no whiner. I know that about 50% of the sporty compacts out there (generalization) can beat in the quarter mile. I don't care, I just enjoy my drive.

Steve

werd, I completely agree. not to be a dick to anyone else here, but I can't understand why people would buy a compact car if they wanted a fast car. There are plenty of things faster, if that's all you're after. I picked mine because it's a blast to drive and I'm not trying to beat everything out there. Besides, real racing has turns. ;)

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 09:35 AM
If this thing ran high 14/low 15s id be happier........gpt,yea,i had a 9psi blower kit on my old 00,and id REALLY like to keep this car as close to stock as possible,so i can enjoy that WARRANTY that came with it.... ;) Im just stating that its utterly pathetic that we have to rely on the aftermarket to make us happy with our cars.Sure its fun as hell to mod em out,but come on,not EVERYONE wants to anymore...If more was offered,we wouldnt be spending thousands trying to get these things just the way we want them.You guys have to admit,Honda REALLY did cut corners with the 02.....Shitty tires,small wheels,no lsd,low on power,heavy(well,its not THAT heavy really)The 02 is way better than the 00 was in many ways,and falls behind the 00 in many ways also.I dont want to have to worry about the "untapped" potential of a car,when it should have more than it does stock.Face it guys,Hondas trying to market this car to a different group of people these days...

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Oh,and for the record,this is still the most unreliable Honda product ive owned.

silver ep
11-19-2002, 09:49 AM
Honda REALLY did cut corners with the 02.....Shitty tires,small wheels,no lsd,low on power

Agreed.

Plus out of the 8 cars SCC features all had 17" wheels except the SI....hummmm:mad: I wish we atleast had 16s (not to whine or anything :D

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Sweet,at least SOMEONE agrees with me about something...I make a lot of valid points,and everyone thinks im "whining" or talking shit because im not worshiping the Honda in my garage.Its a GREAT CAR,but it has its issues that it should not have......

jaydub
11-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Let me know when any Si model has had sufficient power, good tires, large wheels, or an LSD.

You didn't purchase a Type R, I think you guys are forgetting that.

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Yes,but those are the things Honda should have taken into consideration when designing the 02.......They really improved over the 00 in terms of build quality,interior design,and other things that the 00 owners complained of....But hey,those dont make the car perform any better do they?Its like they focused their attention on to few points,and didnt take care of the things that SHOULD HAVE been taken care of...Sorry,but i had the same crappy tires on my 00,didnt have an LSD,was low on power,etc....I just wish some of those issues were adressed by Honda insread of worrying about seats and shifters,thats all.....

jaydub
11-19-2002, 10:07 AM
But you also have to remember that at the base of it all, it is still an economy car. There IS a reason that the Si doesn't come with those items, like the type R does, and that's because the US market as a whole doesn't demand that type of performance. While most of us are enthusiasts, you have to consider that the average Si buyer will get it because it's practical, not because it'll look "badass with wheels and a drop."

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 10:09 AM
Ok,ill add you to the list of people here whos opinions ill respect,because your not giving me the "its a Honda Yo,its the greatest thing EvaR!!!" crap.:D

jaydub
11-19-2002, 10:18 AM
:D Likewise!

gpt
11-19-2002, 10:21 AM
Plus out of the 8 cars SCC features all had 17" wheels except the SI....hummmm:mad: I wish we atleast had 16s (not to whine or anything :D [/B]

Yeah that really gets to me. I am slipping all over the place in the rain at the moment. My golf has 115hp and the same size wheels, I truly think our stock wheel size (and tire make / type) are a safety hazard. I find I really have to think about balancing the clutch when I pull off on an incline in the wet - otherwise I go nowhere just sit there a spin my wheels! My wife says I should complain to Honda - I don't think it will make a difference. :(

frdfocszx3
11-19-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6

Steve

Dude thats crazy. I just got done talking to my grandma about 5 minutes ago and thats the same thing she told me. That aint no joke, she does drive the Si and i let her read the scc article.:eek:

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 10:48 AM
ROFL

cbecker333
11-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Az02Si has been spreading quite a lot of poo lately about the 02 Si he owns. Maybe he hasn't spent enuff time in the "official venting thread". Your car sucks...we get it. Enuff already. Don't take your lemon rage out on us. If you spent half the time you spend venting here at the dealer instead, maybe you'd have better prospects for getting your car fixed.

silver ep
11-19-2002, 10:56 AM
Dude thats crazy. I just got done talking to my grandma about 5 minutes ago and thats the same thing she told me.

Everyone has different priorities in a car, I mean face it theres a ton of SI drivers who arent tuners theny want a solid fuel efficient fun car. I think some of the new cars like the SRT of whatever Neon and the Mazdaspeed are geared more towards racer minded drivers than the SI. Dont flame me too hard ;)

I am completely happy with my purchase, its the right kind of car for me. I love it! :)

jaydub
11-19-2002, 11:00 AM
Besides, you're always due to hear more complaints than praise. When you call a customer service number, do you hear an option for, "If you'd like to commend us on your car, press 4." Nonetheless, any car company will have some cars which are just inherently problematic. The statistics show that Honda's are still among the best as far as having the lowest number of problems. Sadly, Ford isn't in that category.

Glix2
11-19-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333
Az02Si has been spreading quite a lot of poo lately about the 02 Si he owns. Maybe he hasn't spent enuff time in the "official venting thread". Your car sucks...we get it. Enuff already. Don't take your lemon rage out on us. If you spent half the time you spend venting here at the dealer instead, maybe you'd have better prospects for getting your car fixed.

Apparently you failed to realize that more than a few of us have the exact same problems.

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333
Az02Si has been spreading quite a lot of poo lately about the 02 Si he owns. Maybe he hasn't spent enuff time in the "official venting thread". Your car sucks...we get it. Enuff already. Don't take your lemon rage out on us. If you spent half the time you spend venting here at the dealer instead, maybe you'd have better prospects for getting your car fixed. Dude,your a total dipshit....Excuse me for expressing my unhappiness at some aspects of this car.You obviously cannot read anyways,since i said my "Lemon,as YOU call it" just started having issues after 14K....This site is NOT here to just sit opn and rant and rave about what a great car the 02 is....There are PLENTY of people that ive talked to that feel the same way i do....WHICH IS THIS.LIKE I SAID,BUT MAYBE YOU DONT READ TO WELL...ITS A GRTEAT CAR BUT ITS HAVING ISSUES A NEW HONDA SHOULD NOT HAVE....Clear enough for you?Out of the 3 Hondas ive owned,and the 5 my Mom has owned we have NEVER had problems with ANY of them except this one.Whats so hard to understand about that?Oh,BTW my car goes in today,thanks a lot,sorry i have a life and cant run to the dealer the split second an issue pops up.Have a nice day.

silver ep
11-19-2002, 11:21 AM
The Neon isnt even out yet and I'm already sick of hearing about it :mad:

cbecker333
11-19-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Az02Si
Dude,your a total dipshit....Excuse me for expressing my unhappiness at some aspects of this car.You obviously cannot read anyways,since i said my "Lemon,as YOU call it" just started having issues after 14K....This site is NOT here to just sit opn and rant and rave about what a great car the 02 is....There are PLENTY of people that ive talked to that feel the same way i do....WHICH IS THIS.LIKE I SAID,BUT MAYBE YOU DONT READ TO WELL...ITS A GRTEAT CAR BUT ITS HAVING ISSUES A NEW HONDA SHOULD NOT HAVE....Clear enough for you?Out of the 3 Hondas ive owned,and the 5 my Mom has owned we have NEVER had problems with ANY of them except this one.Whats so hard to understand about that?Oh,BTW my car goes in today,thanks a lot,sorry i have a life and cant run to the dealer the split second an issue pops up.Have a nice day.

lol...

Have you every considered horse tranquilizers as part of your daily regimen?

I'll quote you:
"This site is NOT here to just sit opn and rant and rave"

hehe...opn...he's even too angry to spell. ...

Acidburn
11-19-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by silver ep
The Neon isnt even out yet and I'm already sick of hearing about it :mad:

I feel you. Some guys think it's the ultimate racing car on the fuckin planet. Please. They slapped a Turbo on a Neon and priced it under 20K. I'd be worried about driving that car 3 to 6 years after it comes out. Neons crap out after 3 years, according to several trusted sources that actually own the damn car. Imagine a Turbo on it. Oh well, to each his own.

cbecker333
11-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Glix2

Apparently you failed to realize that more than a few of us have the exact same problems.

lets see how few:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4878

gpt
11-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Acidburn

I feel you. Some guys think it's the ultimate racing car on the fuckin planet. Please. They slapped a Turbo on a Neon and priced it under 20K. I'd be worried about driving that car 3 to 6 years after it comes out. Neons crap out after 3 years, according to several trusted sources that actually own the damn car. Imagine a Turbo on it. Oh well, to each his own.

I would worry about driving that car from day 1! Seriously, I rented a neon a few weeks ago when I was on vacation just to see what it is like. It felt unsafe even with the standard motor - I wouldn't even want to try drive the turbo with any kind of aggression.
I don't care about the turbo, the best car to me is not the fastest car in a straight line, it is the car which you enjoy driving the most. To me - my EP is the most fun car I have ever driven so to me it is the best car I could have bought.

iR-VTEC2
11-19-2002, 04:28 PM
I dunno what the hell you guys talkin about. I have had ZERO problems with my Si. I am 100% satisfied and commend honda for once again creating a car that's a work of art (I think so anyway, and your opinions be it negative or positive aint shit to me).

The car is just getting better.

You wanna talk about problems? My parents both have BMW's. Big problems. Always in the shop, exhaust systems last one year, belts always coming loose and or OFF. Timing problems, brakes failing yikes! My grandmother has had 3 accord's in the past decade. They have all given her problems from the start. MY Accord was always a weirdo as well. My new Civic...has been the BEST experience ive had with a car.
What happened?

ssvr6
11-19-2002, 05:39 PM
I have one major problem with my car. I've had since I got the car and I can't seem to get it fixed. I can't get enough of it. I take long ways home just for the extra 3 minutes in the car.

I plan on modding it, I plan on racing it. I don't plan on beating any land speed records or making it on the cover of every magazine. HOWEVER, I'll have a good time trying my best. I know I could have bought a lot faster cars. But damn this car is just cool as shit.

I have no problems at all with my car other than the above.

Relax guys, you bought a cool economy car. Accept it at face value.

Steve

ocara64
11-19-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Az02Si
Sweet,at least SOMEONE agrees with me about something...I make a lot of valid points,and everyone thinks im "whining" or talking shit because im not worshiping the Honda in my garage.Its a GREAT CAR,but it has its issues that it should not have......
Dude, I started this tread, and I don't want you to think I hate you personally or anything. But I'm a hardcore Honda addict, so excuse me for being extreme. If you felt as if you could have gotten a better bang for your buck, why didn't you hold out before you brought your Si.
If it's not working out or living up to your expectation replace it with a neon srt, or whatever else fits your needs as a stock car. Just remember there are problems in every car out there, if you don't like them you can either: 1. Buy a different car , or 2. stick with the car you like and correct the problems.
I also feel the civic si is overprice, and we should get the CTR in the US, but instead of buying the si now I decided to hold off and see if Honda will come to it senses and give us the CTR for 04. If they don't, I'm not going to switch car companies, I'm going to get a imported CTR. Why? Because out of all the cars coming out I like the EP civic, plus I want more than 160hp, and 15" tires. I also know with minor work to a CTR, I can murder all these new cars. Cars don't always turn out to be what you hoped for from the factory, but your car is what you make it.
You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. You can replace your EP and get a better bang for your buck, I choose to murder the competition with mine.

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 10:18 PM
Well,Honda told me to bring it back tommorow,so they can play with it for a day.They heard the tranny noises it makes at idle today,and their jaws DROPPED.They couldnt believe it(sounds like its ready to fall apart)and they were surprised to hear about the missfire the car has too...There is a list of other things i want corrected with the car,that they can hopefully take care of while its in the shop.As long as these issues are taken care of ill be happy.People just have to realize that i bought a Honda because of the great expierences ive had with them over the years,and now all of a sudden im having issue after issue the past few weeks.I dont expect the car to be perfect or anything near it,but missfires and a shot tranny/clutch do kinda fry my ass a lil bit,i cant afford to have this car in the shop already......If i was smart i would have waited for the 03,so the bugs were worked out but oh well,i REALLY wanted the car when i saw it.As soon as its fixed and the issues are sorted out,ill love the car again...Until then,ill be slightly dissapointed with my new car that has major problems already.Hopefully Honda gets to the bottom of it this week so i can enjoy driving my car again,instead of being scared to be behind the wheel,and being nervous its going to diee on the highway on me again :( Say a prayer for my car guys,it needs all the help it can get.

IceD out N CALI
11-19-2002, 10:29 PM
you'll be fine. honda will take care of it and it'll be rock solid:)

ocara64
11-19-2002, 10:29 PM
I feel your pain about all the problems, I would be pissed also. I hope they fix all the problems you're having. If they fix it, make the best of the car. With cars some company will always make something better or what seem to be better. But I'm sure there will be far more problems with those other cars once people start buying them. Mark my words...

Az02Si
11-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Yea i have faith in Honda...It just amuses me that my comments about being down about my car really got some people dickbent,since i stated way earlier that i LIKE THE CAR,but DIDNT like the crazy issues it was having........Heh,funny how people are quick to jump down your throat for being dissapointed in your 19K,BRAND NEW car having MAJOR issues....LOL oh well......

cbecker333
11-20-2002, 06:09 AM
I think think its just too easy to argue here. No one is going to get punched in the face or anything, so what have we all got to loose? Its not all bad, either. It helps me see just how dumb I was, if I was yelling like a reactionary jack ass about a stupid opinion. At least its more healthy than getting punched in the face or something.