PDA

View Full Version : Car is dying

gehjl
06-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, well I got a problem.

My g/f's car is being gay and I dunno the problem. It's a 97 Nissan 200sx. It started when it just shut off in a parking lot, so she parked it and I came to check it out. It would turn on, then die again. I checked the spark plug wires and found that one was ripped where it met the shaft thing that goes inside to the spark plug. I replaced all the wires with new ones and the car stays on. Now the problem is when I try to push the gas, it either dies, or lags then revs up a little. The car is barely drivable, as it doesn't go past 3k RPMS, and sometime the rpms will drop even while the gas pedal is pressed, I'd have to push the clutch to get it back to normal. Whenever it's driving, it hesitates a lot, and barely accelerates. I think it's a fuel issue as there is no CEL while the car is iddling, so I don't think it has to do with the spark plugs. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

jtyler05si
06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
idk fuel or air...

so wait, it idles fine now, but gets shitty when you give it gas?

gehjl
06-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah :mfrown:

thetunersource
06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
sounds liek a fuel pump problem to me

gehjl
06-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Checked the fuel pressure, and it was 32 psi. The problem is the distributor. Whenever the car got hot, it started acting up. We switched it with a good one and it runs. :mcry: Why did it have to be the 400 dollar piece.