PDA

View Full Version : where can I find this hood?

dichotomous
06-24-2008, 08:11 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/dazzr1/a0729c23.jpg

I like this style hood, anyone know who makes it or where I can get one?

Royal
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
carbonfiberhoods.net...... Those wheels are gay though:mconfused:

RollinCivic
06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
carbonfiberhoods.net...... Those wheels are gay though:mconfused:

Ditto. Those wheels are mega ghey.

That hood looks really good though. I wouldn't mind getting it, if it went with my setup.

itchy5
06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Those wheels are gay though:mconfused:

very gay :whip:

dichotomous
06-24-2008, 10:06 AM
i kno where u can the wheels tho! in a dumpster lol

not my style but, what else are u doing to ur car to accent the hood.

just asking about the hood, not the wheels....
I actually like the look of that whole car though, the rear sits a bit low for my tastes but other than that I'll buck trend and like it.

I checked that link above and it seems VIS racing is the only people that make that style for our car, and its a VIS racing hood on mine that cracked and turned crappy, so I wont be getting that style alas.

I'll probably sand the entirety of the clear coat and epoxy off my current and give it a few layers or epoxy, maybe a new topcoat of carbon depending on how much the fabric is running at the time, and refinish it. or paint it white to match the car. I may sand it all down, resheet the center and not the sides, and just paint the sides white, it'd look better on my car that way anyways.

talonXracer
06-24-2008, 11:05 AM
The hood would look worlds better if blocked and painted the body color. I like the looks of it.

shadowmd
06-24-2008, 11:11 AM
just asking about the hood, not the wheels....
I actually like the look of that whole car though, the rear sits a bit low for my tastes but other than that I'll buck trend and like it.

I checked that link above and it seems VIS racing is the only people that make that style for our car, and its a VIS racing hood on mine that cracked and turned crappy, so I wont be getting that style alas.

I'll probably sand the entirety of the clear coat and epoxy off my current and give it a few layers or epoxy, maybe a new topcoat of carbon depending on how much the fabric is running at the time, and refinish it. or paint it white to match the car. I may sand it all down, resheet the center and not the sides, and just paint the sides white, it'd look better on my car that way anyways.

yea i know....just those wheels..i couldnt resist saying something lol....the hood isnt too bad.....it be nice if u had a s/c. it would actually be a lil benefical....it looks as if u'd be able to see it with that hood and that means some ventilation. it would take some heat off it....

Mikebuen
06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I like the Hood, color and thats about it! I wounder what the owner was thinking with those Nasty rims! But cool HOOD!

oogy-boogy
06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
VIS Monster?

donkeygong64
06-24-2008, 01:23 PM
reminds me of an evo hood for some reason

phister
06-24-2008, 03:28 PM
it is the evo style hood, my find had that hood on his 97 civic before he sold it. the monster hood doesnt come up like that and I think looks way better. But I like the Mugen or OEM CF hoods the most.

Heres the monster hood:

http://x3f.xanga.com/ac0c7b1b43d33195835052/m151273494.jpg

civictype_r04
06-25-2008, 12:22 PM
VIS Monster?

No it's not the monster hood. I looks like the vent is higher.

v1c10us
06-25-2008, 03:05 PM
looks to be the VIS JS
but its a knock off
because the authentic VIS JS doesnt have the spike that comes down the middle of the vent
but the ebay special does