PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Stock Exhaust?

SerbiaSi
11-19-2002, 08:48 AM
Hey guys, I need some help. Looking to get a cat-back exhaust that would be similar to our stock one (twin-tips). DC Sports twin canister is different but not quite what I am looking for. I know of Remus Sports (http://www.remus.at) exhausts but they are not widely available in the US, plus I am not sure even if they have an application for our cars. Basically, I want something that is not too radical but adds performance without being too loud. I am also NOT interested in custom piping and stock muffler combo. Any suggestions? Thank you.

silver ep
11-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Im pretty sure the only alternative right now would be custom piping with an aftermarket dual tip muffler. Be patient Im sure they will have some coming out soon.

02SilverSiHB
11-19-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SerbiaSi
Hey guys, I need some help. Looking to get a cat-back exhaust that would be similar to our stock one (twin-tips). DC Sports twin canister is different but not quite what I am looking for. I know of Remus Sports (http://www.remus.at) exhausts but they are not widely available in the US, plus I am not sure even if they have an application for our cars. Basically, I want something that is not too radical but adds performance without being too loud. I am also NOT interested in custom piping and stock muffler combo. Any suggestions? Thank you.
wait for neuspeed to bring their exhaust out. I saw it here on ephatch. it was in one of those sema show posts a little while back. It looked very clean, a dual tip, but not huge and rediculous, a good compliment to the stock exhaust, I believe it was a cat-back

02SilverSiHB
11-19-2002, 11:10 AM
ah, found it:
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4270&highlight=neuspeed
first pic when you click on the link

SerbiaSi
11-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Thank you for your input 02SilverSiHB. It is exactly what I am looking for. I did not waste any time so I have placed a call to NEUSPEED right away. They have informed me that the product is in early stage of development meaning that they have built a working test model and had it approved but did not start the official production of it yet. They said that they will have it some time after January

silver ep
11-19-2002, 11:38 AM
cant wait to hear more about it, sounds great!

SerbiaSi
11-19-2002, 11:41 AM
This is what they have posted on their web-site:

Killer looks and a nice, low growling sound. Made 100% from aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel, this system includes a polished end muffler and tips, smooth mandrel bends and more.
Product in development.

JSIR
11-19-2002, 08:22 PM
(I know you said you don't want custom piping and stock muffler) But if performance is your main concern, don't discount a custom mid-pipe with stock muffler. I'd be willing to put that combination against any aftermarket cat-back system and I would bet it would match them all hp for hp. You'd be hard pressed to find a better sound as well. As far as costs go, this $100 upgrade will match any aftermarket system costing $500 or more.