PDA

View Full Version : ARRGH!! CLutch squeek!!! HElpZorz!

humpmasterflex
06-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Ok.... so just recently, over this past weekend.... every time I press the clutch pedal, that sh1t squeaks. Why did it just start doing that recently.

You cannot really hear it while driving due to engine noise, but when you are at idle at a stop light or something... and then I press it... and it sounds like a deep toned squeak or rubbing.

This is really irritating me right now!

03Si757
06-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Ok.... so just recently, over this past weekend.... every time I press the clutch pedal, that sh1t squeaks. Why did it just start doing that recently.

You cannot really hear it while driving due to engine noise, but when you are at idle at a stop light or something... and then I press it... and it sounds like a deep toned squeak or rubbing.

This is really irritating me right now!

Is it only when your pressing in the clutch pedal? Or when your holding in the clutch pedal?

AUTiger
06-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Mine squeaks when it rains, it's so annoying. If yours is the same sounds I think it could be fix by adjusting the the push rod that goes into the clutch master cylinder. There used to be a DIY for it before the site crashed, whether it still exists I do not know.

By the way, if it sounds more like something internal than just the pedal then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck.

nos4mao
06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
My clutch has been doing it too lately!!.. I have the 75405 miles on the car and recently have noticed this squeezing like/ squeaking noise when ever push in the clutch. Dont know what to do? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

shanewdude
06-25-2008, 02:37 PM
I have a Honda service bulletin on this one... if your car is under warranty, and if you complain to a dealer, Honda should fix it. I'm not sure how to post the pdf file of the bulletin; let me know how and I will, or I can e-mail it to people. The problem has to do with the clutch master cylinder return spring rubbing. The fix was to replace the master cylinder, I think.

Mine drives me up the wall... two months past warranty when I got the car, no help for me.

ohdamngetit
06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
this happens to me also but only after it rains. Kinda odd.... a day or 2 goes by and the squeak is gone but comes back after the rain. oh well, I can live with it, I just turn up the bass :bounce:

classiccelica
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
That is exactly correct the spring is rubbing on the side of the pushrod going into the master cylinder. I was a honda technician for two years before I left I read this bulletin. This is not warrant it is actually a recall for our cars, so yes it should be covered by dealer.

shanewdude
06-25-2008, 08:02 PM
That is exactly correct the spring is rubbing on the side of the pushrod going into the master cylinder. I was a honda technician for two years before I left I read this bulletin. This is not warrant it is actually a recall for our cars, so yes it should be covered by dealer.

Wait... really? So, if my car has the clutch problem, I should be able to get it fixed, even if I'm the second owner and past warranty? (still low km's on the car, though)

I won't quote my source, but if this is the case I have a bone to pick with the local Honda dealer! I still haven't fixed mine...

jerseyjew
06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
A service/technical bulletin should alway be honored by the dealer. It is clear that that cause of the problem is not the owner, but a flaw in the product. I have had my CMC replaced once already but the annoying creak has made it's way back into my life in only about 25k miles!

BustedSony
06-25-2008, 08:16 PM
My clutch also recently developed the squeak, particularly when it was humid. I was also thinking it was the cylinder pushrod issue but the mechanic said it was INTERNAL. He applied lithium grease to the pedal's pivot attachment and hinge INSIDE the car, and the problem completely disappeared.

The clutch Cylinder problem, the spring rubbing against the inside of the cylinder, is NOT a recall but a TSB. It is only covered by the 30,000 mile factory warranty, not extended warranties. It might be repaired under goodwill however.

humpmasterflex
06-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Is it only when your pressing in the clutch pedal? Or when your holding in the clutch pedal?

It was happening when I pressed the clutch, when you press the cluth all the way down normally it sounds like a creek. Just now I tried pushing it in inch by inch and it went: Click..... CLick..... Click..... Click.... but when done in one motion is sounds like a creek, kind of like what happens with doors.

Like when you open a door regularly you hear a creek, but when you do it very slowly you hear every individual click that makes up the whole creek noise.

It does it on the way down, and sometimes it does it on the way back up.

BustedSony
06-26-2008, 04:04 PM
It was happening when I pressed the clutch, when you press the cluth all the way down normally it sounds like a creek. Just now I tried pushing it in inch by inch and it went: Click..... CLick..... Click..... Click.... but when done in one motion is sounds like a creek, kind of like what happens with doors.

Like when you open a door regularly you hear a creek, but when you do it very slowly you hear every individual click that makes up the whole creek noise.

It does it on the way down, and sometimes it does it on the way back up.

Exactly as mine did, identical symptoms, and it was the internal moving parts. - Not that it couldn't be the dreaded cylinder spring problem. Try listening around the pedal and under the hood by the cylinder while someone else pushes the pedal.

humpmasterflex
06-30-2008, 04:50 AM
So are there like any solutions for this goddamn thing?

jimmyjames
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
It's TSB number 02002 (for '02s) and it would be nice to get fixed. Mine needs it. Talonxracer has a fix but he had someone fabricate a special pushrod for him.

humpmasterflex
07-28-2008, 06:03 PM
It's TSB number 02002 (for '02s) and it would be nice to get fixed. Mine needs it. Talonxracer has a fix but he had someone fabricate a special pushrod for him.

Yea it's gotten worse... and now it's not only internal..... It's external (under the hood) too....

You can't hear the external noice while driving... but when I'm on idle... and I press the clutch all the way down, there is somewhat of a low sounding squeek...

But that's not anoying when driving... the internal one has gotten so bad that sometimes I hear it over the blasting music in my car. And that's why I blast my music... to avoid the anoying sound... but its gotten louder...

oneglory
07-28-2008, 06:46 PM
i have this noise also. its embarrassing.

celticduy
08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
this problem just got even worse for me too ahh i need a solution :mfrown:

Meaty Ducky
08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
i had the same problem i just took out the bottom dash and sprayed a whole lot of wd-40 and never came back :] ehehe

magmagik 1
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Mine does that every other day, I have learned to live with it.

RTE117
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I used white lithium grease on mine. It goes away for a while, then I spray a lil more in and it's gone.

drjd888
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I brought mine into the dealership for the same thing about a year ago and they replaced the master cylinder for the clutch. I was under the extended warranty at that point. Haven't had the noise since.

talonXracer
08-08-2008, 09:19 AM

This is NOT a recall, it is only listed under the service bulletins.

NOPE this is a very common occurance. There is NO SPRING that parallels the CMC pushrod shaft.

The issue is that the pushrod end is a simple rounded off rod, this end rides within the end of the CMC's piston in a cup recess. This joint comes with NO LUBRICATION, what happens is over time the pushrod end develops a point and this digs in wearing it out even more, causing a screech and a click. If you replace the CMC, you must apply some grease into the end of the CMC to keep this from happening again.

shanewdude
08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Anyone know the part #'s for the parts needed to fix this? My clutch creek has turned into a creek and a squeak now.

cantonep3
08-15-2008, 05:29 PM
if i dont treat the problem will there be a bigger problem.