PDA

View Full Version : AEM CAI Install Help

2K2RedSiR2NV
11-19-2002, 09:41 AM
Ok guys for those of you who have already installed the AEM CAI I need your help. I just bought the CAI and read the instructions and proceeded to follow them then came across the step where you have to bend a wiring mount :eek: (Can't see a damn thing in those instrcutions). The thing is what wiring mount and do I really have to bend it (I don

pocketrocket
11-19-2002, 12:19 PM
It's really not a wiring mount.. It's a tab that connects the engine ground wire to a ground.... that's all..
If you want to, you can relocate it, but it's really not needed. Just bend the small tab and shove the pipe down in there.
Good Luck!
BTW-- there are better pictures here http://www.ephatch.com/projects/aemcoldair.htm

-PR

2K2RedSiR2NV
11-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Thanx Pocketrocket for the help. Got past that part.

Now the problem I'm having is getting the wheel well back together. Do you have to cut part of it to put it back togehter or am I @$#%ing something up.

One other thing the hoses AEM supplied are wwwwaaaayyyy to long can I cut them without repercussion?
Please Help !!!!

josh2323
11-19-2002, 02:25 PM
what about installing an injen cai??someone on here said something about cutting a hole next to the battery or somthin,anybody have pix on thier install of an injen cai??

pocketrocket
11-19-2002, 02:37 PM
2k2- I just did this last nite.. And yeah, you have to cut some plastic.. It's a real bitch too. I couldn't find anywhere in any instructions that said you had to cut, but I did post on here, and many people have had to cut or trim that black plastic shit in order to get the wheel well back on.

Hope that helps...
-PR

ep3guy
11-19-2002, 02:51 PM
you dont have to cut the plastic wheel well. it should fit. just twist the tube/filter arund a little bit and the plastic piece shuold fit. should be kind of tight.

2K2RedSiR2NV
11-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Thanx Again Pocketrocket you've been a really big help!!

Thanx Again man :D :D

S800Racer
11-20-2002, 10:54 AM
1) I cut the hoses down on my CAI install. No problems.
2) Should not need to cut the plastic fender well. It just makes for a snug fit when you put it back together over the CAI.
3) You'll like it! Noticeable power increase. Really seems to fill in that dip in the torque curve between 3500-5000 rpm.