PDA

View Full Version : buddy club N+ question

player757
06-24-2008, 08:05 PM
yesterday i installed buddy clubs on my friends dc. now he wants to go lower and hes convinced that he has to take the strut out of the car to lower it more because changing the ride height will mess with the preload. personally i think hes crazy but can some one clear this up for me thanks.

ep_hatcher_510
06-24-2008, 08:23 PM
For the front no, just adjust height as it is, for the rear you might have to take them off if you cant reach in to spin the locking ring, and you will have to reset the preload also, just for the rears.

civictype_r04
06-25-2008, 12:44 PM
For the front no, just adjust height as it is, for the rear you might have to take them off if you cant reach in to spin the locking ring, and you will have to reset the preload also, just for the rears.

No sorry you are wrong you have to take them out to adjust them. There needs to be a preload on the spring at all times.

ep_hatcher_510
06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
No sorry you are wrong you have to take them out to adjust them. There needs to be a preload on the spring at all times.

I never said he should adjust them on the car, i said he might be able to, i heard of people with small hands who said they done it before. I too myself took them off to adjust them. Maybe my explanation was not clear, my english not soo good :mangel:

civictype_r04
06-25-2008, 01:03 PM
No but at the end you said you "just need to set the preload for the rears". The front needs preload too.

fungkeyfresh
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
i adjusted the fronts of my rsd's without taking em of of the car. spring preload wasn't altered and the car sits lower. i didn't touch the rears tho.

player757
06-25-2008, 04:00 PM
thanks guys thats really quite a pain in the ass why would you perfer to get an adjustable coil over that needs to come off the car to adjust.

ep_hatcher_510
06-25-2008, 05:49 PM
No but at the end you said you "just need to set the preload for the rears". The front needs preload too.

Well they already installed the coilovers so I was assuming he already had the preload set, and if he adjusted height, preload in the front wont be affected at all, unlike the rears which he will have to adjust again.

civictype_r04
06-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Well they already installed the coilovers so I was assuming he already had the preload set, and if he adjusted height, preload in the front wont be affected at all, unlike the rears which he will have to adjust again.

If he adjusts the height of the front the spring will not have preload on it. That means every time he hits a pothole or bump the spring will jump a round. Buddy club recommands you take them off to adjust them.

hatch404
06-27-2008, 09:59 PM
If he adjusts the height of the front the spring will not have preload on it. That means every time he hits a pothole or bump the spring will jump a round. Buddy club recommands you take them off to adjust them.

You can adjust the fronts without changing the preload. The rears you'll have to undo the bottom bolt to be able to adjust without messing with the preload.