PDA

View Full Version : are camber kits necessary

Pez
06-25-2008, 07:24 AM
i just got a set of eibach Pro-kits & Tokico d-spec.
i have not installed it but i expect a 1 inch and a bit drop.
before installing them, i'm wondering if i should invest in a camber kit. i don't want to spend the money, but if i really should, i will.
Has anyone here lowered there cars & not get a camber kit?
feedback?
thanks for everyones insite.

b.r.i.a.n.
06-25-2008, 07:31 AM
a camber kit on the front is not absolutely necessary but for tracking purposes it helps.

a camber kit in the rear is a must. the first mod i did to my car was toss on some coilovers. tein basics to be exact. the drop and the negative camber ate up my tires quickly! i learned my lesson and got a camber kit afterwards. the next set of tires i got are still on my car. over 20k miles on these tires so far and they're wearing out evenly.

do it right the first time and get a camber kit in the rear.

The S
06-25-2008, 08:05 AM
put simply....YES! BUY THEM!!!!! if not you will go through tires like mad. dont cheap out like i did.:mfrown:

jtyler05si
06-25-2008, 08:23 AM
i have always read on here that a camber kit is a must when dropping 1.5 or more...
he bought the prokit not the sportlines so is it going to cause THAT bad of tire wear?

personally i would buy it, but i understand not wanting to spend the money.

jw1
06-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Depends on how long you expect your tires to last. If you are going to wear them out in 10k miles then I wouldn't worry about a camber kit, especially with so little drop.

If you do get a camber kit, you will only need the rears to help out with tire wear as the fronts would be used to actually increase negative camber for better handling balance.

Pez
06-27-2008, 11:59 PM
thanks everyone. i think i will get a camber kit. which one? (is the new question) & where?
i was searching around i found names such as SPC & eibach make there own cambers kits. do the different names make a difference? i'm thinking i should just get a eibach camber kit since i have eibach plo kit springs.

ep_hatcher_510
06-28-2008, 12:09 AM
thanks everyone. i think i will get a camber kit. which one? (is the new question) & where?
i was searching around i found names such as SPC & eibach make there own cambers kits. do the different names make a difference? i'm thinking i should just get a eibach camber kit since i have eibach plo kit springs.

Eibach is the same as SPC i believe, there is also ingalls. Is all up to you. Just remember to get a proper alignment. Camber won't your kill tires, but Toe will.

miragetkg
06-28-2008, 12:37 AM
i just got a set of eibach Pro-kits & Tokico d-spec.
i have not installed it but i expect a 1 inch and a bit drop.
before installing them, i'm wondering if i should invest in a camber kit. i don't want to spend the money, but if i really should, i will.
Has anyone here lowered there cars & not get a camber kit?
feedback?
thanks for everyones insite.

Invest in the camber kit for all suspension mods. It's not that expensive and you'll be saving on buying new tires.

civsirmt
06-28-2008, 03:34 AM
with the pro kits u dont have to have a camber kit right away ur only dropping it 1in or so. but do get one.

ClouD
06-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Eibach is the same as SPC i believe, there is also ingalls. Is all up to you. Just remember to get a proper alignment. Camber won't your kill tires, but Toe will.

Yup, they are SPC in an Eibach box. BTW cheaper too:biggrin:.

Gargola
06-28-2008, 07:44 AM

Correct...

This thread reminded me of a thread on another forum I am a part of..

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147290

You don't need to be a member to visit the page.

drjd888
06-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Awesome article from acurazine, very informative!

20CiviC02Si
06-28-2008, 02:37 PM
If you would like your alignment spot on so you aren't eating throught tires like the Cookie Monster does cookies. Then you should look into buying a set.