PDA

View Full Version : i cant turn my immobilizer off HELP!!!! PLEASE!!

4door5g
06-25-2008, 09:43 AM
like the title says, my immobilizer is acting up. ill be just driving along, and the whole damn car will just shut off. and the immobilizer light on the dash will start flashing.(and wont start back up till it stops flashing) i have tryed everything short of getting a new ecu. even took it to honda who replaced the immobilizer and still didnt fix it. and they sead the next step would be replace the ecu. but they wanted 850 for one(ill order a k-pro first) but what i want to know is, is there any way for me to get around this long anuff to trade the damn car in, cuz im tired of fixing all the elctrical problems this car has had. i also dont want to buy a k-pro for it just to have the stupped car burn that up to. some one please help this car has had a to many elctrical problems to keep messing with it. im done with the stupped thing and really just want a B16-18 car so i can get away from all this dumb crap
Thanks for any help

bunk
06-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Take it to a dealership for a trade-in and let them worry about it then.

could it be the chip in the key you're using?

maybe try your spare, if you havent yet and if you have one.

4door5g
06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
tryed both keys, and i want to trade it in on a 99-00si or a gsr teg. and i dont want to have to finance a whole gang of money, if any for that mater. i just need the stupped thing to start. plus it use to start, but just shut off when ever it wanted to. after i took it to the dealler and let them mess with it, now it wont start at all.

phister
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
hmmm might be your ignition switch. I remember honda had a recall on the 5th gen. prelude cause wiring on the ignition switch was too small or something so every now and then when I would drive the car would just turn off, happened a couple of times on the highway:meek:. But I would DEFINATELY take it back to the dealership and see what the deal is with it.

T_Virus
06-25-2008, 02:35 PM
are u still under warranty? If so, then force them to do it...

shanewdude
06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I'd bitch to Honda about that one for sure. Besides, if there was an easy fix around the immobilizer, then thieves would be able to steal the car easily. If there is a way around it, hopefully nobody posts it publicly; it would put us all at risk.

Good luck, let us know what you do!

Chad
06-25-2008, 02:49 PM
This is a notorious problems in other hondas that does not seem to show up in the EP, Let me PM someone in another forum, it cold take a bit, he's a new faather and owns a couple buisnesses.....

The problem is EXACTLY as he described.

4door5g
06-25-2008, 04:16 PM
nah cars got 130k on it. but it still shouldnt be having this problem. and it was at the dealer, they wanted 850 to replace the ecu, and didnt know if that would fix it. im about to just get a k-pro so i can turn it off but i kinda want to sell the car and get a EK so i was trying to find the cheapest way to fix it

also thanks for any, and all help

ghettotech
06-25-2008, 06:46 PM
man i know your going through a big problem...but i would NOT turn off my immobilizer...i would try to figure out some way to fix it...cause if you turn it off id be too scared to take it anywhere with as much car theft has been going on lately...well at least here in tx

but good luck to you man hope you get your stuff straighten out

phister
06-25-2008, 07:47 PM
well if you do get kpro you might as well spend some extra money and get that ecu sync'd to your immobilizer.

4door5g
06-26-2008, 06:53 AM
its all good the cars got full coverage. and i got proof of everything done to it. plus i really dont want to spend any more money on this beater. not even the extra 100 it would cost to get the immolbizer re-programed

talonXracer
06-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Check all the connectors on the multiplexor/fusebox(underdash fusebox). This is a very common occurance after a aftermarket alarm has been removed. Shit-poor workmanship in most cases.

4door5g
06-26-2008, 09:12 AM
i just had to replace the multiplexor. and some other sensors. ill have to check that, but im sure it couldtn be that easy, thats not my luck lol