PDA

View Full Version : k20z3 swap questions/help/opinions

geesEP3
06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
im plainning on swaping the z3 head onto my a3 block.
1. is there any other problems that i might come arcoss when swaping heads?
2. is there any wiring that has to be done or is it just bolts off and bolds on?
tranny
i have z3 trans. i was told that the z3 casing will not bold on. i would have to swap the guts and use my existing casing.
1. is that true?
2. i rather have a mechanic do the trans swaping but if its not that much of a head ache swaping the guts me and bro would like to do it. what problems would we come arcoss.

we have some knowledge on k series being that we both own k series cars, plus were good friends with hondafiend owner so that would be my go to guy/mechanic. i just want to do some work on my own so i can save some $$$ and go k-pro.

i have the whole complete z3 motor. what would you do? swap heads and trans or swap the whole compelte motor? opinions are welcomed, as well as tips and advise.

thanks for taking the time.

ob1_kanukie
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
1. Can't help you with that one. I swapped the whole z3 into my ep3
2. I use internals from z3 trans on stock a3 trans casing. Sensors are different so you won't have speedo if you use the z3 trans. You will need to get the syncros lined up - I forget who makes the kit if you're looking for LSD and 6 speed.

I'm happy with the complete z3 swap and not a franken motor. If you have it, might as well use it. I'm running a JDM type-r ecu in mine and no kpro. Good luck!