PDA

View Full Version : c.v. joint

Royal
06-26-2008, 07:12 AM
So I took my car into the dealership to get it inspected(only reason i took it they is because the smaller body shops in this town are crap) and they decided to change my oil without asking me and the mechanic bumped something under my car and notice that my c.v. joint was dangerously loose. So now I get to pay lots of money to get that fixed cause they wont allow me to take my car home without them fixing it because they can't allow me to put other people in danger by driving home.... :ballchain:

dashehonda
06-26-2008, 07:21 AM
They cant not let you take it home, they can only strongly suggest not to. When they "thought" my timing chain was bad, they really wanted me to leave it, but i said no, the guy was pretty adament

matdbom
06-26-2008, 07:38 AM
yeah, that sounds like a load of malarky (spelling?)

talonXracer
06-26-2008, 07:44 AM
WRONG, they cannot impound your vehicle, pay a tow truck to remove it from their property and take it somewheres else to have it looked at.

I wouldnt put it past a Stealership to have damaged it themselves to make $$$$. Dont ever trust those thieving bastids!

Royal
06-26-2008, 08:06 AM
I try to avoid them as much as possible. When I first got my car the brakes and rotars were really bad so my dad offered to pay to have them fixed since I bought my own car. He wanted to take it to a dealership and he ended up paying around 600 dollars just to have some new rotars and brakes put on. I just laughed....lol

dann_04
06-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Don't pay them for the oil change if you didn't ask them to do it. Also they cannot hold your car against your will and demand that you have work done by them, call the cops or the bbb. Also if your cv were that bad i would imagine that you would have heard alot of clicking/noise. And if the mechanic bumped inot maybe try saying it was fine till he bumped it? I dunno, i've had nothing but f- experiences with the stealerships.