PDA

View Full Version : EBAY Strut INSTALL questions

Captain408
06-26-2008, 11:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04-05-Honda-Civic-Si-CARBON-FIBER-Front-Strut-Bar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33591QQihZ023QQitem Z360064357593QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

hi everyone, im a newbie to this forum/site. I just wanted to find out if someone can direct me to the DIY section for this front strut bar for a Civic Si' 2003 EP Hatch. For some reason, i cant get it to fit when trying to install it. Simply pictures would probably correct this problem im having.

davisj3537
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Ugh...you simply remove the two bolts at the top of the strut and that slides down in place of them....should be very easy. Replace those nuts.

roboticfailure
06-26-2008, 01:17 PM
yeah he is right its pretty straight forward and easey to do,just may require some manuvering around the a/c pipes.

RedSiBaron
06-26-2008, 01:31 PM
i bet there is plastic under that "carbon fiber" haha

Danman281
06-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Sometimes it looks a bit straight forward but when you start to install it you may run into a few small kinks. I'm assuming you have a stock engine bay so here we go:

Before you put it in, this is kind of weird. You have to assemble the bar before you install the side brackets in. I say this because once you have the brackets in, you won't have enough room to tighten the bar onto them because it is so close to the firewall (and the allen wrench cannot fit on the other side to hold it in place while you tighten). I don't know if this was the same for everyone but this was how I did it (and the only way I could see doing it)
Then when you have ready to install it, install the passenger side bracket first. The trick is to maneuver it around the AC bracket. Unbolt the AC bracket btw. Then install the other side and you are done. you maybe have to push it pretty close against some of the other parts. good luck
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/danman281/whoaitsred.jpg

Ep3T0n3y
06-28-2008, 09:25 PM
lol. Just to let you know, its just for looks, its not going to improve handling at all, the mounting brackets are made out of crapy ass sheet metal, and the bar you can flex with your own hands. But there arnt many good UFSBs for the ep. besides the nuespeed.

just fyi.

RHCP0801
06-28-2008, 09:30 PM
lol the ones that you just lay on and bolt down do nothing...the neuspeed one is a bitch to get on and you definatley notice that one

HondaMat2Si
06-28-2008, 10:12 PM
lol. Just to let you know, its just for looks, its not going to improve handling at all, the mounting brackets are made out of crapy ass sheet metal, and the bar you can flex with your own hands. But there arnt many good UFSBs for the ep. besides the nuespeed.

just fyi.

I never knew that but I was coming upon that conclusion as I was reading Danman's tutorial... unless there is a third connection to the actual suspension I didn't see how it would help at all, and now I know for sure.

Danman281
06-28-2008, 10:53 PM
looks good though for 30 bucks.

ryko
06-29-2008, 12:12 AM
looks good though for 30 bucks.

no lie. is there actually a neuspeed knockoff out there? i bought mine used from another ephatcher. i dont know if its real or not, but its solid so its golden.
neuspeed is a PAIN to put on lol. i was like is this for a different car'?! i was tripping lol. got it though, i know you should never have to force anything...but it took some elbow grease to tighten the two front bolts.

ep_hatcher_510
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM
I should order me one for some under the hood bling

tdman77
07-04-2008, 07:09 PM
i bet there is plastic under that "carbon fiber" haha

Now why would you have to say that. For the price it is a good deal. I just hate people who always have something negative to say. How about saying "wow that is pretty cool looking" instead. :wacko:

It is a good deal and install is very simple. So go ahead and get some bling under your hood.