PDA

View Full Version : calling all K-Pro masters!!!

skoolnu
06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
well i got a hell of a problem with my k-pro. the map sensor isnt reading boost, and my logs show my a/f locked at 10.70 only. but when i did my logs, the a/f seemed to work. anyone have any idea.

Tnhatch03
06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
are you throwing any codes? check and make sure your MAP Sensor is connected?

if there is anything that you can think of that you think will help: what calibration you are using, mods, etc. post up.

jimmyjames
06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
when are you seeing this?
(I.E. when connected to the ecu and monitoring the operation? during a datalog?)
If I were you, i'd check for updates first and then reload the calibration and see if it changes.

davisj3537
06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
If you don't smell a ridiculous amount of gas out the muffler then I can tell you the primary 02 is probably bad. Mine was doing that before it went out. It would work fine till it really got warmed up and then it would go top out rich @ 10.7. Double check your map sensor is plugged up correctly and that you don't have the tps and map sensor switched on accident.:target: I also second what jimmy james said on the updates.

skoolnu
06-26-2008, 02:39 PM
not throwing any codes. MAP is plugged in, and mounted fine. stock MAP. JRSC w/ 3.8", 650RC's, intake, buddy club race header, k-pro.

Im new to k-pro and tuning in general, so bare with me. the person tuning the car for me informed me about this after i sent him some datalogs.

when connected to the ecu and monitoring the operation, the map will not read boost. the a/f is reading while doing this... same when i did a datalog. wont read boost, and the display is reading a/f... but i guess the recording tells another story

dustyboner
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
you need to go to parameters/closed loop and uncheck "disable p1167" and "disable p0134"

and if your trying to tune the 20 low cam, you need need to set up the cam angle maps different (like in this .kal)

skoolnu
06-26-2008, 03:40 PM
sweet. that worked for the a/f problem. thanks dustyboner. lol. that screen name is great! now i just gotta figure out this damn MAP sensor.

dustyboner
06-26-2008, 03:52 PM
you should do another datalog cause your getting knock @ 0.1psi (4.6 sec) probably need more fuel there.

skoolnu
06-26-2008, 03:59 PM
any idea why the MAP wont read any boost level?

dustyboner
06-26-2008, 04:23 PM
did you hook up the map sensor right ? it sounds like your map sensor is getting its vac/boost signal from before the supercharger. http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/dustyboner/map.jpg

skoolnu
06-26-2008, 04:34 PM
yup. car has been supercharged for a year now.. never a problem. I just went from the street kit to a custom race kit. just finished installing everything this week. ran a few logs last night for my tuner, and we find these probs.

the display reads the MAP sensor, just when you get into boost... nothin, floats around -.01 -.04. Think the sensor took a dump?

talonXracer
06-26-2008, 05:00 PM
In your cal, you have the primary A/F sensor turned off, any reason why?

also you have no correction factors for gear or temp, that can cause some issues.

skoolnu
06-26-2008, 05:40 PM
its a base map that was sent to me to run a datalog with. the car is far from tuned.

Iluvcars
06-26-2008, 06:16 PM
you should do another datalog cause your getting knock @ 0.1psi (4.6 sec) probably need more fuel there.

If the map sensor is not reading correctly, then making tuning adjustments to the wrong columns will be incorrect. Also, he's doing WOT tuning, so for boost, only 20 degrees has to be locked in the boost columns.
If part throttle would be done (and i have not seen 20 degrees benefit for anything, 30-40 has worked for most k series in part throttle), so pretty much stock hondata maps at part throttle for cam timing is set. It is only ignition and af that has to be modified. You change cam angles only for WOT performance.

Also, gear and temperature compensation are done after a full tune is completed, and since he mentioned base map, you cannot make those changes until the full composite map is finished.Just thought i'd let you know.

skoolnu
06-26-2008, 06:29 PM
any other ideas on why the MAP wont read boost? this is driving me nuts!

4angrybadgers
06-27-2008, 05:25 AM
any other ideas on why the MAP wont read boost? this is driving me nuts!

Sounds like the MAP sensor is reading pressure upstream of the TB, instead of in the blower casing like it should. Are you 1000% SURE that the "MAP relocator" hose is connecting the MAP sensor and the blower casing?

BlownSi05
06-27-2008, 05:35 AM
you said you were sent a .kal to datalog with. have you tried using the base map that comes in k-manager and changed the injector size to 650cc? just a thought. the only other thing that i can think of that wasn't mentioned is the map re-locater/spacer. but this shouldn't be affecting boost level.

skoolnu
06-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Sounds like the MAP sensor is reading pressure upstream of the TB, instead of in the blower casing like it should. Are you 1000% SURE that the "MAP relocator" hose is connecting the MAP sensor and the blower casing?

does anyone have a close up pic of how the this should be setup. i think i have it setup right, but i want to be positive. here how i have it setup
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/skoolnu2/0627081205.jpg

MR.Pizza
06-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Can you get a picture over the top of that map sensor, and pull that brake booster hose out of the way.

4angrybadgers
06-27-2008, 10:01 AM
My image is too big to inline, so here's the link.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/102crew/My%20ride/pimpin%20hatch/jrsc/100_4073.jpg
The blue plug is for the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor line comes out beneath that blue plug, curves up and to the right, touches the throttle cable bracket, and ends up right in front of the fuel rail (next to the blocked-off SC casing nipple).

skoolnu
06-27-2008, 10:02 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/skoolnu2/0627081257.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/skoolnu2/0627081257a.jpg

MR.Pizza
06-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah thats not hooked up right

MR.Pizza
06-27-2008, 10:16 AM
That hose going from the manifold to the intake casting needs to be removed thats why your showing 0psi on your map sensor, all the boost is spilling into your intake casting and equalizing your pressure.

For now you can find some way to completely block off they empty space left by removing the map sensor. It must be sealed off so you don't leak vacuum. Now take your 3/8 hose and attached one end to the manifold and the other to the bottom of your map sensor. Now try a short data log.

FYI:
The relocation spacer is designed to block boost coming from the throttle body ( pre supercharger)and allow the map sensor to remain in it's original location. It has a small nipple on the side which you attach a vacuum line from the manifold to ( post supercharger ). This ensures it reads the pressure level that your engine will see.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to PM

P.S. I noticed some of your hoses don't have hose clamps, from experience the blower gets pretty hot and after a while without hose clamps you can develop leaks around your connections. A small leak around this area can translate into a very frustrating idling issue and effect the way your bypass valve opens and closes.

skoolnu
06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
the spacer i have does not have a nipple on the side for a hose. i take it thats another problem.

MR.Pizza
06-27-2008, 12:26 PM
the spacer i have does not have a nipple on the side for a hose. i take it thats another problem.

Yeah, that spacer doesn't look like its the right one, you could probably modify it though. For now just run that ghetto missing link and you should be fine. Probably cheaper to buy a gm 3bar and eliminate the stock map all together. If you did that you would just leave the map sensor on the throttle body without the relocation spacer and unplug it. Good luck with your tuning.

skoolnu
06-27-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=133

This is what i need then?

4angrybadgers
06-28-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that still plugs into the OEM location. You'll still need a way to route a line from one of the nipples on the supercharger casing to the MAP sensor. I checked Jackson Racing's site for the relocator but I couldn't find a part #. Just call them and check the price; it will be cheaper (and better) than getting another MAP sensor and ghetto-rigging it.

skoolnu
06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks, i found the part number and placed an order. hope it comes fast i want to have this bitch tuned.