PDA

View Full Version : driving in reverse

itchy5
06-26-2008, 07:49 PM
So I just got my new clutch and PP installed today because the previous owner had fried the clutch. Anyways, since i don't want to burn this one out too quickly i had a question about driving in reverse. Do you all ride the clutch driving in reverse say into a parking spot or garage? Im asking this because people say riding the clutch isn't a smart idea if you want to clutch to last, and i tend to ride it in reverse. :mconfused:

clutch797
06-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Get an unsprung 6puck and then you cant slip it lol. But really, you don't have to slip the crap out of the clutch to go in reverse. Just learn to drive the car and it should not be a problem.

itchy5
06-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Get an unsprung 6puck and then you cant slip it lol. But really, you don't have to slip the crap out of the clutch to go in reverse. Just learn to drive the car and it should not be a problem.

rofl unsprung? thats hardcore :cool: But yeah this thing doesn't like to slip at all its much different than my original clutch. i guess ill bring it to a empty parking lot and practice reverse parking w/o riding the clutch.

clutch797
06-27-2008, 06:44 AM
I run the 6 puck sprung and it's still a hardcore bitch. What kind of clutch and pp do you have?

itchy5
06-27-2008, 08:25 AM
I run the 6 puck sprung and it's still a hardcore bitch. What kind of clutch and pp do you have?

organic and moderate PP. I guess anything grips when your old clutch was a POS :rolleyes:

EP3_U_SEE
07-14-2008, 11:47 PM
hahahahahaha :laugh:

v1c10us
07-21-2008, 12:31 AM
I mean we all slip the clutch to a degree.. such as when coming from a stop to going in reverse..
but once the car is moving at all i let off the clutch.
its not gonna stall if you let it off slow enough.
Just dont let it off too fast or it can make a funny CRUANKAH noise

donkeygong64
07-21-2008, 01:17 AM
i slip it when i reverse. Personally I don't feel comfortable reversing over like 10 MPH, the windup toy noise is what gets me. Bad habits, for my well being :mcry:

v1c10us
07-21-2008, 01:27 AM
you can reverse as slow as you want. ride the brakes instead of the clutch..
It takes some getting used to i guess.. But if im reversing too fast i push the brakes not the clutch, it slows me down, and the gear ratio in reverse means that you can go very very slow withoutstalling.