PDA

View Full Version : what now?

willy_akino
06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
ok so it was around 1am when i notice my car battery was almost died....i think i left my foglights on but anyway it stil has juice in it enough to roll my windows down. push it out the park lot and was about to jump start it with some....when i notice i switch the negative and positive around. yeh my bad on my part it was too dark and i was in a hurry to go home. so now my battery is died and a couple of sparks came out of my friends cable but nothing big. so my question is did i fucked up something in my electrical or i just need a new battery....i havent check it out yet but all the fuses seem good. im going to replace my battery after work today but im asking you experts if i mess up any internals. yeh from now on imma take my sweet time jump starting my car.

ivtec_do_u
06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
If you reversed the pos/neg jumper cables from your friends battery you might have fried your alternator.

matdbom
06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
shoulda jus popped the clutch buddy. good luck with that

jtyler05si
06-27-2008, 10:37 AM
if you were just jumping your car, why did you need to disconnect and then connect your battery? or did you hook the jumpers backwards?

itchy5
06-27-2008, 10:38 AM

this.

lordofthesiths
06-27-2008, 10:56 AM
did you cross the jumper cables or your battery cables?
if you just crossed the jumper cables for a second when you connected them backwards it should be ok. depends on how long you left them on like that.

civictype_r04
06-27-2008, 01:20 PM

Popping the clutch is hard for some people.

PrevWon
06-27-2008, 03:31 PM
ok so it was around 1am when i notice my car battery was almost dead....i think i left my foglights on but anyway it stil has juice in it enough to roll my windows down. push it out the park lot and was about to jump start it with some....when i notice i switch the negative and positive around. yeh my bad on my part it was too dark and i was in a hurry to go home. so now my battery is dead and a couple of sparks came out of my friends cable but nothing big. so my question is did i fucked up something in my electrical or i just need a new battery....i havent check it out yet but all the fuses seem good. im going to replace my battery after work today but im asking you experts if i mess up any internals. yeh from now on imma take my sweet time jump starting my car.

Fixed.

Should have just popped the clutch like matdbom said.

willy_akino
06-27-2008, 06:06 PM

there was no road room unless i push it off the hill.....there was a spark on my friends battery...but other then that the battery seem dead. im going to replace it 2moro....it was only on for a couple of seconds...onces i notice the battery was dead i look and removed the cable....you think its going to be a big problem? beside replacing the alternator?

66elwood99
06-27-2008, 09:21 PM
there was no road room unless i push it off the hill.....there was a spark on my friends battery...but other then that the battery seem dead. im going to replace it 2moro....it was only on for a couple of seconds...onces i notice the battery was dead i look and removed the cable....you think its going to be a big problem? beside replacing the alternator?

Only a couple of seconds...you should be ok...you know if you screwed up the alternator if the new battery drains dead.....G/L

willy_akino
06-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Only a couple of seconds...you should be ok...you know if you screwed up the alternator if the new battery drains dead.....G/L

mmm icic....so pretty much a bad alternator is the worst thing that can happen? how much is it at autozone

willy_akino
06-28-2008, 12:45 AM
yup its a blown fuse....im going to replace it 2moro and charge my battery. i hope everything works out well.

Norcal Ep3
06-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Fixed.

Should have just popped the clutch like matdbom said.

X3...not to sound like a broken record... the effort would of saved you alot of money and time... G/L though... hope it works out...

66elwood99
06-28-2008, 01:52 AM
mmm icic....so pretty much a bad alternator is the worst thing that can happen? how much is it at autozone

Honda starters are not cheap......... cross your fingers and hope it's not that

for everyone telling him to pop the clutch, he stated that he did not have room to do it....I'll bet in the future he'll get some buddies and push the egg untill he finds some room.......:mangel:

willy_akino
06-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Honda starters are not cheap......... cross your fingers and hope it's not that

for everyone telling him to pop the clutch, he stated that he did not have room to do it....I'll bet in the future he'll get some buddies and push the egg untill he finds some room.......:mangel:

yeh will do next time.

BustedSony
06-28-2008, 01:39 PM
A momentarily reversed battery charge shouldn't in any way damage the alternator, it's protected by diodes.