PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help?? PCV valve locattion

02blksi
11-19-2002, 04:23 PM
CAN someone please let me know where the PCV valve is on our cars? (location, or pic of where it is please) I really need to know, thanks in advance for your help. --Joe.

MODS Please let this stay in the general forum for a little while tonight, i posted this in the engine forum, but since more people frequent this forum i was hoping that i would receive an answer faster.. THANKS ALOT !! --

TrippZ
11-19-2002, 04:53 PM
Bump

i hate when i ask for advice andno ones answer. grr

02blksi
11-19-2002, 06:24 PM
is this the PCV?

Si4U2NV
11-19-2002, 06:47 PM
:eek:

CARBON FIBER!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

02blksi
11-19-2002, 06:52 PM
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!:mad:

xlr8
11-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
is this the PCV?
yes, i just checked the factory service manual and that is the pcv valve location

02blksi
11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
any chance you can scan that page or take a pic of the manual for the net?

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH BUD!!!!! I OWE YOU!!!

One more thing.... what does it say about the (PCV) ... The part that is screwed into the block (thats the PCV end right?) and the hose attaches to the manifold from that right?... ONce AGAIN THANKS!!! --JOe. :)

Also the PCV is a part that can be easily replaced right? (just want to make sure we are talking about the same things)

xlr8
11-19-2002, 07:55 PM

One more thing.... what does it say about the (PCV) ... The part that is screwed into the block (thats the PCV end right?) and the hose attaches to the manifold from that right?... ONce AGAIN THANKS!!! --JOe. :)

Also the PCV is a part that can be easily replaced right? (just want to make sure we are talking about the same things)
i tried scanning the page, but no go. the next pages image shows. pcv is positive crankcas ventalation(one of the few sensors i know what it does)

02blksi
11-19-2002, 07:58 PM
thanks again!! you have been VERY helpful!! --Joe. If at all possible take a pic of that page (digital camera) if not ill try to find someone else to get a visual refrence.. thanks man!-

xlr8
11-19-2002, 08:00 PM
thanks again!! you have been VERY helpful!! --Joe. If at all possible take a pic of that page (digital camera) if not ill try to find someone else to get a visual refrence.. thanks man!-
no problem man. i dont have a digicam, but if you havent gotten a pic by this weekend ill get my friends and get you a pic. why so interested in the pcv valve anyway?

02blksi
11-19-2002, 08:29 PM
im installing a DIY catch can... pics will soon follow once i get it in (tomorrow night) ) thanks for the help. --Joe :)

xlr8
11-20-2002, 04:25 PM
cool, hope it goes smooth. is a catch can needed on a non-racecar? or do you race alot?

myeverlovinsir
11-20-2002, 04:38 PM

Joe check this. (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4846&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)