PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the projector on the JDM headlights.

88crx
06-27-2008, 02:37 PM
How the hell do I adjust the projector.... my one is aiming way too low.

2004ep3hatch
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
How the hell do I adjust the projector.... my one is aiming way too low.

On those i belive it is a hex screw you have to turn in yours. there should be 2 of these, one for hight and one for left to right. Ill try to take a pic of mine for you.

are yours lhd or rhd? im assuming rhd because its in jdm section.

2004ep3hatch
06-27-2008, 03:45 PM
if they are like mine then the height is here. Just put the screwdriver straight down. it should catch. its a number 2 screwdriver you want i believe.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/alpine192/7fffe4fe-1.jpg

88crx
06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Its for the 04+ RHD projectors....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/88crx/_MG_1924.jpg

Red = high beam height adjustment?
Blue = low beam height adjustment?

Yea? or no? I don't have a long enough screw driver to reach it. That damn rubber nub is in the way.

How do you adjust the left/right then?

2004ep3hatch
06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
yea the red would be the height. same thing with the left to right. need a long Philips screwdriver. it needs to be probably about a foot long at least to reach the height comfortably.

to do the left to right you have to pur the screwdriver in at a angle with the handle pointing towards your windshield. there should be apassage. you can see it if you look at a certain angle

2004ep3hatch
06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
also, at least with mine the lights right on the same bracket, up and down moves both and left and right moves both. not individually. there would be 4 adjustments then.

How come you did not buy the lhd ones? just curious. your losing alot of usable light with rhds.

Chazwick05
06-27-2008, 10:39 PM
also, at least with mine the lights right on the same bracket, up and down moves both and left and right moves both. not individually. there would be 4 adjustments then.

How come you did not buy the lhd ones? just curious. your losing alot of usable light with rhds.

canadia. 'nuff said lol :mbiggrin:

2004ep3hatch
06-28-2008, 09:01 AM
People asked the same thing in his other thread and i never saw that so no need to ask again lol. I was just curious, that's all. If he dose not get flashed or pulled over then he is golden :mbiggrin:

88crx
06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
So yea I figured it out.... haha.... and boy do i ever feel dumb. There are notes on the top of the headlight on the black plastic that show the location of the adjustment and which direction to screw and everything haha.

Got the up/down aimed now I gotta fool around with the left/right a little bit.

As for why did I get the RHD lights.... I dunno. I decided to buy them a couple weeks before a local show and SSusa was the only shop that actually stocked them (in RHD only) so I bought them. I havn't been flashed by oncoming traffic yet and I haven't even aimed them properly. Light output is still better then my hazzy USDM stock lights.