PDA

View Full Version : 1st 3rd 5th gears stiff

illusionsoflife
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
today i drove to my moms just fine. installed my new mugen rep lip. i got in my car to come home and 1st 3rd and 5th gears are all very stiff. 3rd kinda got better. 2nd 4th and reverse are fine. no problems. i looked on here for answers but found similer but nothing like this where only the top gears were affected.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

i put my bumper on with the lip and i have a cai. the filter was hitting a spot and caused the whole thing to be pushed back hitting the counter weight on the trans. if anyone else has this problem. hope that helps

illusionsoflife
06-30-2008, 01:55 AM
someone help??? this weekend was shitty...my transmission starts to act funny...then...

<------she left me. all i want is my transmission fixed or know whats going on. and my turbo kit put on as soon as i pay a few more bucks on it

civicsibaby04
06-30-2008, 04:50 AM
with the car off have someone put it in gears 1st 3rd 5th . while you stand outside the car looking at the top of the tranny where the counter weight is at to find out whats blocking it from getting in to those gear. happen to me before when i had my first ep3 in 05 cant rememder what it was.

talonXracer
06-30-2008, 05:04 AM
Make sure nothing is touching the shift arms on the trans.

illusionsoflife
06-30-2008, 10:00 AM
i looked just now. didnt see anything at all. once i put it into those stiff gears it is also hard to get it out of those gears. possible the syncros for all three went bad at the EXACT same time? there is no grinding what so ever when driving. didnt want to add this till i got some answers. i got the car with 70k miles. as far as i know it was stock clutch car now has 122k miles. same clutch. i have one ready to go in. just dont think this is clutch related when 2nd 4th and reverse are fine

T_Virus
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
when was the last time you replaced your transmission fluid?

Kodeen
06-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Isn't there some part or set of parts that the top row shares, and the bottom row shares as well? I thought I read about that once, but I have no idea what it was.

illusionsoflife
06-30-2008, 02:58 PM
5 or 6000 miles ago