PDA

View Full Version : Mugen N1 Damper Kit

GRK-EP3
06-28-2008, 07:40 PM
anybody know anything about this setup on kingmotorsports.com? will it fit?
look at the price almost $4K DAMM...............:mtongue::mtongue:

Windchaser
06-28-2008, 09:20 PM
look at the price almost $4K DAMM...............:mtongue::mtongue:

I tried to get a set, but the dampers are fixed I remember correctly. I do not like fixed dampers because CA tracks are not as smooth just like their roads.

20CiviC02Si
06-29-2008, 12:48 PM
look at the price almost $4K DAMM...............:mtongue::mtongue:If you are going to be dropping this much cash on suspension you should look into going for some Moton 2 Way adjustables. They are way better than the Mugen N1, don't buy a suspension like this because it's Mugen. Not to mention if you are planning on running this on the street, you're NUTS! The spring rates on the N1 are way too harsh for the street.

sLiCk
06-29-2008, 02:23 PM
If I remember correctly. The rear springs on these are over 1000lb/in

Princess
06-29-2008, 03:14 PM
http://a379.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_2891a600e836fb8715285e8b0d6115ca.jpg

$3775 Mugen N1 (joint and springs required)
$730 for joint
$300 for springs, or whatever you spend on springs

$4805 total

Plus it looks like it's only made for the EP3 Type R and the RSX-S.

BaLisTek
06-29-2008, 03:16 PM
moton is 11k+

mustclime
06-29-2008, 03:27 PM
waste of money....what are your goals? If you are looking at track days and autoX, you can get preformance that is almost equel to that for half the money.:rockon:

na14yu
06-29-2008, 05:23 PM
moton is 11k+

Not true. Double adjustable (2-way) Moton's can be had for around $5k.

na14yu
06-29-2008, 05:27 PM
If you are going to be dropping this much cash on suspension you should look into going for some Moton 2 Way adjustables. They are way better than the Mugen N1, don't buy a suspension like this because it's Mugen. Not to mention if you are planning on running this on the street, you're NUTS! The spring rates on the N1 are way too harsh for the street.

Agreed. If the OP is looking at a suspension setup for a daily driver, then the Mugen N1 is definitely not for you. This is a race only suspension and would be way too extreme for the street.

Below is a copy and paste text off the garage sale section of King's site for an RSX setup....look at those spring rates!

The Mugen N1 racing suspension is a very serious piece of equipment. Designed, engineered, and manufactured for the rigors of N1 endurance racing this is one of the few purpose built suspension kits for the RSX chassis. Careful consideration was given the steering geometry changes at lower ride heights, and the rear shocks are specially valved to handle extremely high spring rates found on the back end of an RSX race car. The front shocks are a true work of art and feature a massive 40mm shafts.

The set we have here in the garage sale was installed on a car and removed. It was not used in any sort of driving situation at all, so other than a few marks on the steering arms from installation/removal this set is brand new. Here is what is included:

Complete Mugen N1 Damper Set
Mugen Steering Arms
Swift Lightweight Racing Springs. 12k Front, 20k Rear

This set-up would typically retail for $4500 and we are selling this set only for $3999. If you've been looking for a true race suspension to make you faster at the track or to completely set you apart on the show scene this is the deal of a lifetime.

Windchaser
06-29-2008, 06:01 PM
$3999 ha ha ha ha ha ha. That is freaken retardedly expensive (I think I just made up a word).

GRK-EP3
06-29-2008, 06:05 PM
not really looking at that particular set up for myself. just thought i'd bring it up for discussion concidering the information of this product is very limited.
trust me i know where to spend my hard earned money:mwink::mwink:

20CiviC02Si
06-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Well if my EP was a track dedicated car i would definitely look into spending roughly $4k-6k on suspension. Since King Motorsports is just down the road i'll have to go take a look at these. My buddy works there, so i'll have to hit him up on day they're not busy. Whenever that may be....