PDA

View Full Version : just swapped to k24a1 head and

02blacksi
06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
just swapped to k24a1 head and i have 2 codes.

P1166 (41) Air Fuel Ratio(A/F) Sensor(sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction

P1167 (41) Air Fuel Ratio(A/F) Sensor(sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction

Can anyone tell me what that means?

mystery1
06-30-2008, 05:27 AM
its sayin that your front 02 sensor is either unplugged or screwed up and time to get a new one...Has nothing to do with swapping your head. Check your front O2 sensor and make sure you didnt disconnect it or it disconnected while you the let the exhaust hang when you dropped the manifold off the head. Prob fuked up the wiring when you let it hang and now need a new O2 sensor.

JaY

oneglory
06-30-2008, 05:31 AM
its sayin that your front 02 sensor is either unplugged or screwed up and time to get a new one...Has nothing to do with swapping your head. Check your front O2 sensor and make sure you didnt disconnect it or it disconnected while you the let the exhaust hang when you dropped the manifold off the head. Prob fuked up the wiring when you let it hang and now need a new O2 sensor.

JaY

:yeahthat:

on a side note...when the hell did you get back jay?

02blacksi
06-30-2008, 01:31 PM
ok im glad its not much to worry about. Now that you say that, when we were hooking the exhaust back up...it slipped and snatched on both the 02sensor wires and was hanging. Other than that she is running good and has a nice smooth feel to the power band. Thanks for the info

AUTiger
06-30-2008, 04:08 PM
well, I suggest replacing that primary. You will be running rather rich. But maybe with the added flow from the head it may alleviate that some but don't quote me on that. I thought my car was running great when my primary was out. Once I replaced it I went from 28 mpg to 33-34mpg.

shadowmd
06-30-2008, 04:12 PM
glad she's runnin good...oo and im sure u kno, but those sensors are $$$$

Kerby
06-30-2008, 04:14 PM
on a side note...when the hell did you get back jay?

Jay you really back? who cares about a k24a1 head....
j/k

-- sent from my pda... hehehe

Deadphishy
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
welcome back.

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in your results. Feelable power? maybe a dyno run. I know a lot of people who are looking at this as a much cheaper alternative to porting out the a3 head.

AUTiger
07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
glad she's runnin good...oo and im sure u kno, but those sensors are $$$$

152 shipped for a walker's primary from oxygensensors.com Mine is working like a champ. I just talked to my mom and my ecu is back from hondata so I should know by this weekend when I get home if the sensor reads perfectly or not.

02blacksi
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
it feels like a bit more power throughout the rpms, but i wouldnt say much. I have never dyno the car so I wouldnt be able to tell ya if it had gains. I did add a hondata IMG while I was in there. Oh and on a side note...how come nobody ever told me you had to remove the head studs to put the IMG back on. I didnt really care about removing them from the other head to take it off. But I tried every way possible to put it back on without taking them out :loco: Anyway, I guess Kpro is next on the list with some new sensors... but that may be a while.(running low on cash flow)

clizoman
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
replace that o2....foreals..primary