PDA

View Full Version : Rusted Endlinks?

shortstop
06-29-2008, 07:59 PM
well i went to install lowering springs, front and rear sway bars today and my bolts were all rusted out and my internet happened to not be working so i didnt have directions so i just passed on installing so i didnt strip anything. what do you guys do with rusted bolts? on the end of the sway bars i was using 14mm on the bolt and and allen wrench in the middle and i am thinking its gonna get stripped if i torque on it. any advice?

jeenyusss
06-29-2008, 08:07 PM
people are going to say pb buster but it never really works 2 good for me

i like fire:mbiggrin:

shortstop
06-29-2008, 08:12 PM
haha yea that sounds nice. pry need new bolts from the dealer that will cost 50 bucks too huh? keep in mind this is my apartment garage....:mconfused:

Tnhatch03
06-29-2008, 08:25 PM
i changed your title. thread titles are for you to get members interested and briefly state what what your problem is. having a title such as, "I am a loser", does not mean anything and some members are more willing to help when they see the thread title.

lordofthesiths
06-29-2008, 08:29 PM
i just had to cut my endlinks off.
i used aroekroil on mine but noluck. its like pb blaster but for airplanes.
it didn't workso i ended up using a die grinder to cut them off.
and you just cant replace the bolt. yo have to buy new endlinks.
i put on the corsport v2 ones but i put locking nuts on them bc i hear they get loose.

oneglory
06-29-2008, 08:53 PM
v2 endlinks now come with locking nuts...upgrade.

shortstop
06-30-2008, 10:07 PM
i changed your title. thread titles are for you to get members interested and briefly state what what your problem is. having a title such as, "I am a loser", does not mean anything and some members are more willing to help when they see the thread title.

ok appreciate it. sorry about the misinformation in the title.

as i dont know how to double quote, oneglory where can i find the v2 endlinks with locking nuts or how much do they usually run?

Tnhatch03
06-30-2008, 10:37 PM
ok appreciate it. sorry about the misinformation in the title.

as i dont know how to double quote, oneglory where can i find the v2 endlinks with locking nuts or how much do they usually run?

no problem, just trying to make it easier for people to help ya.

double quoting is easy. there is actually 3 functions on the bottom right of a post. Edit, Quote, Multi-quote, Quick reply. clock on the "multi-quote" and the members post on which you would like to reply and it will turn red, then just hit the "Quote" function and type away.

it actually took me a while to figure out how to MQ, i realized that i was on the wrong skin.