PDA

View Full Version : What kind of modding-related wear and tear has your ep endured?

stepintoliquid
06-30-2008, 05:38 AM
i was just reading a thread about removing your inner fender lining, and realized thats no longer an issue to me because my fender lining has become torn to shit after removal and replacement so many times.... also because they got pulled under the tires lol.

i thought it would be funny if everyone could post up damage their car has taken because during the modding process.

- my bumper is held to the radiator support with zip ties (oem clips didnt last many removals lol)

- no idea where my stock exhaust or front sway are

- ecu wiring harness all cut up (thanks guardian)

- plastic under passenger door smooshed because i left a jack stand in the way when lowering car

- 99% of plastic clips and/or retainers in the engine bay are broken or snapped

- spark plug cover missing

-slight crease on plastic dash around shifter from repeated removals

- other misc items from engine bay removed and never replaced (intake mani support braket, drive shaft shield, front underside splash guard, etc)

- and the occasional missing bolt:mangel:

lets hear em guys!

jtyler05si
06-30-2008, 05:44 AM
ummm, bottom side of fender liner got ripped off, so i replaced it with a cut up (i think it is a 4 Qt.) oil container. i needed something to protect CAI from the water.

not sure why but there is a bolt missing on the valve cover. been that way since i bought it i guess. no leaks or anything so i havent messed with it yet.

hmmm i dont remember any more... i have it nice and easy. not a lot of shit gone wrong yet. probably because not a lot of mods yet.

CivicDuty
06-30-2008, 06:24 AM
i was just reading a thread about removing your inner fender lining, and realized thats no longer an issue to me because my fender lining has become torn to shit after removal and replacement so many times.... also because they got pulled under the tires lol.

i thought it would be funny if everyone could post up damage their car has taken because during the modding process.

- my bumper is held to the radiator support with zip ties (oem clips didnt last many removals lol)

- no idea where my stock exhaust or front sway are

- ecu wiring harness all cut up (thanks guardian)

- plastic under passenger door smooshed because i left a jack stand in the way when lowering car

- 99% of plastic clips and/or retainers in the engine bay are broken or snapped

- spark plug cover missing

-slight crease on plastic dash around shifter from repeated removals

- other misc items from engine bay removed and never replaced (intake mani support braket, drive shaft shield, front underside splash guard, etc)

- and the occasional missing bolt:mangel:

lets hear em guys!

wow, your ep is falling apart. haha. I guess the only thing on my ep that bothers me is that my fujita cai leaves a gaping space in my engine bay where the stock airbox use to be. Oh and the popping noise in the steering rack ever since the lowered suspension. But it was coming regardless.

ShadySi
06-30-2008, 06:31 AM
haha.. i know i only have about of 1/3 of my bumper clips on the front.. the entire bottom plastic skid thingy is gone in the front (which i want to replace) other than that.. I think I'm doing alright.

Heitzke
06-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Haha good thread. This gives me an idea for a somewhat similar thread...

-Corners on bottom dash piece have the slightest creases in them from taking it apart so many times.

-Same dash piece is scratched up from a rushed BCSS install

-Bottom tray is held on by two zip-ties because almost the entire front of it (including all the mounting spots) were dragged off on the road one day.

-Sucked the left fender well into the tire and melted it apart on a trip to atlanta one day.

-Wiring mishap (trying to test out my HID harness when most wires were just twisted) resulted in a blown ballast, melted ignitor and bulb base. All OEM HID shit too :mconfused:

Alvin81
06-30-2008, 10:20 AM
the tweeter cover thing on the passenger side is glued on by hot glue cuz i broke the tabs when taking the door panel apart.

there's a crease on the dash when the shifter is from taking it out too much.

broke some tabs on the steering column plastic while mounting a gauge pod.

1fast03ep
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
I scratched the bottom of the dash under the shifter when running wires under the console, lost the clips that hold the console at the front, and somehow put an indention in the black part of the dash when I was installing the head unit.

!@#$%
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I have a custom hole worn into my oem driver side floormat.

custom.

socmex7
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I have a custom hole worn into my oem driver side floormat.

custom.

i have that mod too! :meek:

!@#$%
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
i have that mod too! :meek:

We better watch out. Our mod might get 'played out' :sad:

socmex7
06-30-2008, 11:19 AM

:pound:

Heitzke
06-30-2008, 11:37 AM

Oh it already is, that's why I bought new mats a couple weeks ago. I've worn out two driver side mats.

STP03BlueSI
06-30-2008, 11:59 AM
-Not one piece of the plastic sheild is left...road racing, and hitting a black snake on the highway does wonders.:mangel:

-front stud broke due to me..still broke. goin on 2+years

-Replaced about 2 rear studs

-Greddy Evo 1 mid pipe banged to shit from driveway, raccoon(x2), armidillo, and other crap in the road.

-Neuspeed X brace banged to shit from well critters and bumps in the road.

-rear Windows purple now due to Florida sun and over 5 years old.

-front window strip has Toroto Dangly perm stuck to it..mmm FL Sun

- Broke Spoon Titanium Knob..yes broke (orig 4pt one)

-Valve cover bolt spinns - no leaks.

-AC compresser blowed the fuck up. Yes i love FL...:mconfused:

-been thru 2 sets of Floor mats...magic custom hole

-Front Driver door acuator doesn't work anymore.

-JDM Headlamps showing signs of yellowing/florida bake.

-Broke rear tail-lamp bracket(one bolt)

-Broke one headlamp bracket bolt.

-Many Smashed/burnt knuckles from oil filter spot and meets header/cat.:frusty:

-22 hit on driver door.

-I prob have more to...:tape:

Mr ShinSmasher
06-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Good thread!

And here is my list
1. threads in the head stripped in one bolt hole for the intake manifold due to trying to get JRSC torqued using the provided bolt and the original Hondata gasket. Almost cried when that happened.
2. trim tab broken on rear hatch from window tinter
3. Custom exauhst is about a 3/4 inch too long and has melted a the rear bumper a little (only I can tell)

v1c10us
06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
both fender liners cut to shit to get air to my brakes
both dust shields cut to shit to get air to my brakes
Intake manifold cracked from over tightening
valve cover stud broke from over tightening
one wheel stud fucked from over tightening
uhh...
that magic hole too.

Windchaser
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
My car is pretty immaculate except for the door panels. They were removed by the shop to replace the actuators and I found out they broke a bunch of tabs doing it. Besides my JDM bumper taking a beating, there isn't much to discuss about the car.

lleron
06-30-2008, 06:03 PM
The snap-crackle-pop from the steering rack...

Other than that, not much except for a few scratches on the dash/tapped wires for the tt and alarm.

dashehonda
06-30-2008, 06:16 PM
The driver side rear part of the rocker dented when the jack slipped (luckily the OEM sideskirt covers it)
Various scratches on the dash and door panels.
My fog light switch doesnt work any more
Broken tabs, lost screws and snaps.
Bad Rod Bearing (leading to new motor)
Dents and dings, scratches and chips
Lost the splash shield like 3 days before repo
Oh, and the big one, Repo:mcry::mcry::mcry:

RTE117
06-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm missing a few of those plastic snaps. They break easily. I need to order some damnit.

soncep
06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I am missing a wiper bolt cover. Will go buy one at the dealer.
A few scatches in the trunk moldings.

Every thing else is tip top shape. and it will stay that way.

Emerica459
06-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh it already is, that's why I bought new mats a couple weeks ago. I've worn out two driver side mats.

this must be the popular thing to do cus i to have worn a custom hole in my driver floor mat.:mcool:

center dash trim looks awful cus i painted it, didnt like the paint, tried removing it with small amount of paint thinner not knowing that it will also shrink plastic. I now have cracks in the center trim that i repainted over with a closer to stock color.

scrape shield on bottom of car is gone. It was in poor shape to begin with so i put it out of its misery and removed it.

L/F fender liner cut for fitment of my old CAI. Now its just an empty hole for now.

And lastly one of my belt holders in the back side panel is ripped off from a dumb friend of mine who said "hey whats this for?" as he pulled it off the panel.

donkeygong64
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
And lastly one of my belt holders in the back side panel is ripped off from a dumb friend of mine who said "hey whats this for?" as he pulled it off the panel.

haha. the other day my friend was wondering the same thing. Good thing he didn't rip that off. I'd be pissed :mmph:
I am also a fan of the hole in the floor mats. Probably my best mod

Elise98
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I have a lot of little scratches on plastic trim pieces, glass, and the body of the car because of my own mistakes.
About 75% of the plastic clips that hold the bumper are either missing or broken.
There has to be more, I just can't remember them all right now.