PDA

View Full Version : AEM CAI Problems!!

whtep19
11-19-2002, 09:12 PM
I installed my AEM CAI today and it was such a pain. The whole process took a total of three and a half hours for something I
thought was gonna be a twenty minute ordeal. First off, who else
had trouble reading these intolerable directions? I finally got the damn thing in now my car makes this bizarre sqeauking noise when i'm in neutral. I'm really lost not to mention aggravated. If any one could shed some light I'd appreciate it!!!!!

PoRT
11-19-2002, 09:37 PM
hmmm.. squeeking noise... does it feel hard to shift? did u relocate the ground for the battery? when i did mine, i took the bracket out and relocated my ground above where the bracket was. the problem i had was that when i shifted, the ground wire was interfering. make sure that it is clear. get a friend to go through the gears while the car is off and see if it is clear. i dont know if that could cause the squeeking.. maybe the ground wire is hitting something. if thats not it, just check and make sure nothing is rattling against anything else.. what kind of squeeking is it?

poppasp1ce
11-19-2002, 09:40 PM
squeaky could be an air leak, double check to make sure your clamps are tight.

joneSi
11-20-2002, 08:19 AM
I feel ya' on the bad directions, I had HORRIBLE directions with the Injen CAI...well the actual directions weren't that bad, but the pictures that went with 'em....HAHAAHHAHAHAHAH....you couldn't even see a few of them, they were just all black. LOL.

joneSi

S800Racer
11-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Yeah, the directions sucked. Pretty much had to figure a lot of it out on my own. Like where the directions told me to re-install the inner fender lining when there had been no previous directions to remove it!!

If it is making the squeaking noise in neutral, you should be able to pop the hood and pinpoint the source easily. Another tip posted by someone is to make sure that you do something to pull the hot radiator hose off of the CAI pipe (zip ties work).

I am VERY happy with my AEM CAI. It is the only engine mod I have done so far. I am really impressed that such a simple and inexpensive mod has added noticeable power. I love it and I can't wait to give my Si more goodies to free up some HP.

jaydub
11-20-2002, 10:52 AM
You say the directions suck? I'll actually relay that message to my buddy @ AEM. :) Thanks.

S800Racer
11-20-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
You say the directions suck? I'll actually relay that message to my buddy @ AEM. :) Thanks.

Yes, they are pretty bad. But if you tell them I don't like the directions, you should also tell them that I love the product.

SubliminalSi
11-20-2002, 02:38 PM
It took like 2 hours for the guys at Jotech to get mine on, 2 months or so later, no problems:D

myeverlovinsir
11-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by whtep19
I installed my AEM CAI today and it was such a pain. The whole process took a total of three and a half hours for something I
thought was gonna be a twenty minute ordeal. First off, who else
had trouble reading these intolerable directions? I finally got the damn thing in now my car makes this bizarre sqeauking noise when i'm in neutral. I'm really lost not to mention aggravated. If any one could shed some light I'd appreciate it!!!!!

Just a hunch, but check your bottom hanger to make
sure it is fastened properly.

AEM CAI wheel hanger bolt.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/pb51392623d9d1b8ac1f11bef5bbb5438/fd05e285.jpg

hth:D

DTH you can add this to your projects photos for the AEM CAI.:cool:

Dallas2k2Si
11-20-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jaydub

Relay that the instructions talk about removing the RIGHT wheel and fenderwell. Being that everything goes to the LEFT, that is a bit of a problem. It's either a "built in Britian" tranlsation problem, or they are going against convention and talking as if looking AT the front of the car instead of thinking from the driver's seat.

It's not like I really used the instructions anyway, the product is so well designed that it basically fell into place. :-)

civic hatch boi
12-07-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

Just a hunch, but check your bottom hanger to make
sure it is fastened properly.

AEM CAI wheel hanger bolt.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/pb51392623d9d1b8ac1f11bef5bbb5438/fd05e285.jpg

hth:D

DTH you can add this to your projects photos for the AEM CAI.:cool:

hey myever.... how do you tighten that nylox nut?? like.. the hanger, washer, but the nut doesnt' let me bolt on tite enough to make it tite.. the nut stops so it can't get on tite. do u know wut im saying?
also.. we should take off our left tire when we do this??

MYEP3
12-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Jesus I didnt even remove my wheel and it took me only 40 min. And I had to take it back apart because I forgot the hoses. Its just a CAI not a motor swap. You cant blame the directions. If it takes you 3 1/2 hrs to bolt up a CAI you need to take your car to a shop from now on.

myeverlovinsir
12-07-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi

hey myever.... how do you tighten that nylox nut?? like.. the hanger, washer, but the nut doesnt' let me bolt on tite enough to make it tite.. the nut stops so it can't get on tite. do u know wut im saying?
also.. we should take off our left tire when we do this??

I suggest you replace the nut if it is not tightening down for
you. (I did not have any probs) I took the wheel off
for better access, but you can just turn it aside to get an
arm in. hth

civic hatch boi
12-07-2002, 06:17 PM
hmm... my intake didn't fit snug.. and my dad didn't want to cut the fender well so there's a bump out of the plastic hahaha. it's ok rite?

myeverlovinsir
12-07-2002, 09:02 PM
I never had to cut anything, it fit snug, yet I guess you could
cut the plastic part where it comes into the wheel area. I snuck
it in there good, as most have. The bump in the plastic is OK. Don't worry.;)