PDA

View Full Version : solution for HIDs yet?

LazyAzzAzian
11-19-2002, 10:52 PM
has anyone found a solution to get HIDs to work on our cars? i know you can hardwire the HIDs to work but id rather not mess with the factory wires, is there any way to get them to work without cutting/messing the existing wires? ive checked around at other sites but still havent found any solutions, thanks for any help

SpUD
11-19-2002, 11:54 PM
you dont have to cut anything. just switch the wires around coming out of your hid kit to the car and it works. I got a Hi/low HID kit and for some reason i could only get low beam or high beam(by switching wires around). It dont switch when i use the high beam from inside the car. I could get low beam, but it turns off when i turn on the high beam from inside. its pissing me off......i got the low beam working w/o cutting anything....but its getting high beam that the trouble.... so fuck it... im takeing it to my local shop tomorrow. ill let u guys know what happends tomorrow. but as far as i know... you dont have to cut anything.

1fastminivan
11-19-2002, 11:56 PM
what hi/low kit did you purchase??? Can you post any pics when done??? Try hard wiring it to see if they work. ;)

SpUD
11-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Just got back from the shop. Im pissed... the ep got some stupid wiring so i cant do anything for now. im ganna have to get something extra for this shit to work.... i figured out something though. I found out the voltage on the 3 different settings. It will help you guys if you want to install you own HIDs. but so far low beam works. but i cant switch to hi... and hard wiring wont work in my case.

SWITCH OFF
... ____ <= earth

| ............ |
|<= earth | <= earth
| ............ |

LOW BEAM
... ____ <= earth

| .......... |
|<= 12v | <= 12v
| .......... |

HIGH BEAM
... ____ <= 12v

| ............ |
|<= earth | <= 12v
| ............ |

SpUD
11-20-2002, 09:07 AM
oh yeah... earth is not ZERO volt its ground for you information.

spoon3168
12-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by SpUD
oh yeah... earth is not ZERO volt its ground for you information.
did u fix the problem??, damn that sucks...lucky i didn't have enough money yet..