PDA

View Full Version : Tein install....hard???

!@#$%
11-19-2002, 11:20 PM
im going to be purchasing the TEIN flex suspension setup here in the next couple months and was studying the tein SS install on the new tiburon. It looks really straightforward. Has anyone ever installed a full true coilover and if so could u tell me just how difficult it was.....also are there any tricks to camber kits? i just install them like the stocks are then have an alignment shop reset them? im going to probably tackle this myself.....hopefully by then i will have a digi cam and will post a DIY. im seriously looking forward to this.

Any help is very appreciated. doc of mind might know....he seems pretty keen on suspension. :confused:

so far i see it thus:
1. support A-arm
2. unbolt A-arm
3. disconnect strut from knuckle hub
4. detach speed sensor
5. ublot three top strut bolts
6. remove stock unit

install in reverse order

more than likely camber kits are needed for the back... 2'' would require front as well. cant wait to delve into this. gonna be one hell of a ride. :D

yomamaInMySi
11-20-2002, 11:49 AM
I did my coilovers in my old 95 BMW M3 and it was a breeze. I can't say the same for my EP, because I have done them yet. If you get the kit (Flex), which has the top bearing pillow ball mount and with the rear shock mount as well then it should not be hard. However if no mounts are included, then you are going to have to use the stock units, which will require you to take apart the OEM assembly. Or you can buy the top mounts and just bolt on. IMO try to do one side at a time to make sure that you do every thing right. I'm putting my next weekend if possible. My dad is a mechanic and he's going to let me use his tools and his shop (lifter), which should be a breeze, unless if break some thing.:D

Bridgekid
11-21-2002, 05:46 PM
how much for the teins? where di u order from?

!@#$%
11-21-2002, 10:30 PM
well i havent ordered them and looks like im not going to be able to... found out last night parents are splitting and i need to find a place to live. :( i hate my parents