PDA

View Full Version : Pedal set??

illbert
07-03-2008, 07:23 AM
I saw a guy on here that had a pedal set that was made for the ep3...it looked nice...all the pieces actually were the right size...they were silver w/ black rubber knobbies on them. Does anyone know the brand...or know who has them???:help:

thaseint
07-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Sounds like either the strutking or JDM DC5-R pedals.

Stutking Pedals: http://www.strutking.com/civic-39-01-39-05-/civic-sport-pedals-01-05-mt-/prod_17.html

DC5-R Pedals: http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo.net/jdmindc5tyrp3.html

v1c10us
07-03-2008, 11:20 AM
also sounds kinda like my sparco grip pedals
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/Kelbane/ep3-1003.jpg

the knobbies are adjustable, I removed all of them from the gas pedal, but you can fill every hole with aknobby if you want.

jtyler05si
07-03-2008, 01:03 PM
also sounds kinda like my sparco grip pedals
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/Kelbane/ep3-1003.jpg

the knobbies are adjustable, I removed all of them from the gas pedal, but you can fill every hole with aknobby if you want.

is that white/clear cord go to one of those autozone light bars?:mbiggrin:

v1c10us
07-03-2008, 04:16 PM
haha no goodness no, its a multiplug, it runs back there and into the cubby where I plug in my phone charger and radar detector

illbert
07-03-2008, 05:25 PM
thanks, it was the strutkings that i saw...but those sparcos look/fit nice....hmm

Canuck Civic
07-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I have Strutking dunno if they still have their sale on but got them for 50.00 shipped to Canada.

v1c10us
07-03-2008, 09:11 PM
thanks, it was the strutkings that i saw...but those sparcos look/fit nice....hmm

notice the gas pedal has a little tab that sticks out for all you heel/toe shifters out there. makes it easier to just roll on your heel instead of actually twisting your heel.

blksi02
07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
notice the gas pedal has a little tab that sticks out for all you heel/toe shifters out there. makes it easier to just roll on your heel instead of actually twisting your heel.

That must be convenient for the track... But how do your pedals grip?? looks like they arent too Grippy, could be wrong tho

v1c10us
07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
they grip like nuts
i donno if you can see, the dead pedal is covered in little rubber knobs that stick out
when you buy them they come with tons of those
and you can put them in each hole of every pedal. i removed them from the gas pedal because it was too grippy for DD, if i go to the track though I put them in the two holes closest to the brake pedal on the bottom and that it. the clutch has just 3 at the bottom, but i could put 2 more at the bottom and 3 at the top also, and the brake pedal has 3 at the bottom and 3 at the top.
I didn't like how grippy they were so I took a few plugs out of the holes.
But they were very grippy before.

!@#$%
07-07-2008, 12:40 AM
The strutking pedals are by far the best set for the ep.

v1c10us
07-07-2008, 01:47 AM
have you tried every pedal?
I hate the strut kings
Its like having fucking dorito's for pedals.
little fuckin triangles, wow thats really efficient, the one place you push the pedal, the tip, also happens to be the thinnest, maybe if you mounted them upside down.
Theres no way to say "this is the best" cause it might not be the best for everyone, just you.

ep_hatcher_510
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
The strutking pedals are by far the best set for the ep.

agreed

!@#$%
07-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I just like the fact that they are pretty much an oem equivalent to anything else that is on the market as far as pedal sets. The rubber inserts are also sold individually if you need to replace them for only 7 bucks.

dashehonda
07-07-2008, 06:59 PM
have you tried every pedal?
I hate the strut kings
Its like having fucking dorito's for pedals.
little fuckin triangles, wow thats really efficient, the one place you push the pedal, the tip, also happens to be the thinnest, maybe if you mounted them upside down.
Theres no way to say "this is the best" cause it might not be the best for everyone, just you.

Yikes, sounds like someone has had a bad experience. I have them and love them, I have had tons of different kinds and these fit the best and look the best IMO. I have no problems with Heel/toe and i wear 11 size shoe, so unless you got crazy tiny feet, these are a good size pedal. The design is exactly like the real DC-5 pedals, so i doubt that honda Japan doesnt know what they are doing. The reason for the design is for space and weight savings. Plus its the same size as the pedal, which looks OEM. ANd everyone knows that OEM is the best looking/ longest lasting stuff. I think that most momo/sparco are crappy cheap pieces that dont fit and are ugly since they are Universal. They might cost alot, but are cheap to me. I dont trust Universal, so i like the Strutkings

ANd to the OP:
Heres a pic of these badboys
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/dashehonda/IMG_5569.jpg

devious05
07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I got my strutking peddels a couple of months ago and i love them. Close to stock size and nice grip. Def worth the $50 i payed for them

v1c10us
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Yikes, sounds like someone has had a bad experience. I have them and love them, I have had tons of different kinds and these fit the best and look the best IMO. I have no problems with Heel/toe and i wear 11 size shoe, so unless you got crazy tiny feet, these are a good size pedal. The design is exactly like the real DC-5 pedals, so i doubt that honda Japan doesnt know what they are doing. The reason for the design is for space and weight savings. Plus its the same size as the pedal, which looks OEM. ANd everyone knows that OEM is the best looking/ longest lasting stuff. I think that most momo/sparco are crappy cheap pieces that dont fit and are ugly since they are Universal. They might cost alot, but are cheap to me. I dont trust Universal, so i like the Strutkings

ANd to the OP:
Heres a pic of these badboys
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/dashehonda/IMG_5569.jpg

the strutkings wont stay on the damn pedals, those stupid tabs on the back are the most retarded design aspect of a pedal I have ever seen.
With the sparco pedal you drill through the pedal and its secure as shit, theres no way you could knock these loose. They're the perfect size and much higher quality than poopkings.
Im just being belligerant now but honestly the strut kings suck. sparco ftw

gsx~r
07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Just get Mugen pedals!

The brake and clutch pedals fit perfectly without any drilling.
Gas pedal went on easily with the four self tapping screws provided.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6484/picture452mb9.jpg

gutierrez626
07-27-2008, 10:54 PM
how do u install the mugen pedals?? dont have them just curious cuz i want them

T_Virus
07-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Just get Mugen pedals!

The brake and clutch pedals fit perfectly without any drilling.
Gas pedal went on easily with the four self tapping screws provided.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6484/picture452mb9.jpg

you did have to drill through metal right on the mugen gas pedal?

KrypTOniTE
07-28-2008, 07:50 AM
the strutkings wont stay on the damn pedals, those stupid tabs on the back are the most retarded design aspect of a pedal I have ever seen.
With the sparco pedal you drill through the pedal and its secure as shit, theres no way you could knock these loose. They're the perfect size and much higher quality than poopkings.
Im just being belligerant now but honestly the strut kings suck. sparco ftw
Dude chill out... if u wanted to know u can also drill those badboys on..
i personally.. think sparcos or momo's are played out.. and cheap looking..
the strutkings.. give's the ep the unqiue clean jdm look.. and designed for a reason..
So.. ill put my money on Sum Strutkings..:mcool:

EricP3
07-28-2008, 09:35 AM
The Sparco's look amazing. I bought them cause I thought the Stutking ones looked like poop. They feel very good and had plenty of grip, even when wet. And as mentioned before, the little tab on the gas pedal makes it very easy to heel-toe. The Sparco ones are kinda difficult to install. They only have two holes in the middle so you have to position them correctly before you drill or you wont be able to get the nut on the back because of the metal bar that holds the pedal. You also need longer screws for the gas pedal because of the plastic cover that is on there.

gsx~r
07-28-2008, 06:01 PM
how do u install the mugen pedals?? dont have them just curious cuz i want them

Remove the rubber covers and replace them with the Mugen pedals.
They have double sided tape in the center and small clamps on the top ( they are connected to the bolts you see in the pics).
The Mugens are very secure, never had any issues with them.

gsx~r
07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
you did have to drill through metal right on the mugen gas pedal?

I didn't do any drilling.

As far as I know the self tapping screws didn't go into the metal.

mattism78
07-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Those strutking pedals look really nice. Where were you guys getting them for $50?

v1c10us
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Dude chill out... if u wanted to know u can also drill those badboys on..
i personally.. think sparcos or momo's are played out.. and cheap looking..
the strutkings.. give's the ep the unqiue clean jdm look.. and designed for a reason..
So.. ill put my money on Sum Strutkings..:mcool:

lol alright, but there isnt a damn thing unique about a clean jdm look considering everyone has the strut kings.