PDA

View Full Version : Running water/meth on JRSC

NrGiNnY14
07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
hey guys, well i'm thinking about doing a water/meth injection kit on my jrsc since the IAT with the supercharger is crazy high. what are your thoughts on it and if you have it how did you do it and how is it? thanks

jeenyusss
07-03-2008, 04:11 PM
:bump2:

he needs help!

4angrybadgers
07-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Not being a jerk, honest question - did you search in the Boost forum? I know I've seen a few thread titles mention meth or water injection recently. No idea if they are of any help though.

MR.Pizza
07-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Here's a pic of mine installed, Notice the nozzle on the intake casting, the pump was mounted on the battery cover. The flow preventer in line with the nozzle is brass. It prevents water from flowing into the intake when the system is inactive. These kits can be purchased for around $300. Kpro will be the best way to set activation and trigger using the Nitrous panel.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3503/1000089imgyq0.jpg

Strife
07-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Mr Pizza: How do you like the kit? Is it worth it? Anything effecting performance?

MR.Pizza
07-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I used it to offset the knock created by the 3.7" Pulley. It worked reasonably well, not an all out replacement for an after cooler though. Used with a CAI I was able to run safely. The engine seemed to like the methanol, big difference when you do side by side pulls with and without injecting. Works well in summer when the supercharger is prone to heat soak.

NrGiNnY14
07-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Not being a jerk, honest question - did you search in the Boost forum? I know I've seen a few thread titles mention meth or water injection recently. No idea if they are of any help though.

i searched and couldn't find anything. i searched for water/meth injection and nothing showed up as anything relevant

Here's a pic of mine installed, Notice the nozzle on the intake casting, the pump was mounted on the battery cover. The flow preventer in line with the nozzle is brass. It prevents water from flowing into the intake when the system is inactive. These kits can be purchased for around $300. Kpro will be the best way to set activation and trigger using the Nitrous panel. [/IMG]

my friend did a "ghetto" 1 using her windshield washer tank and she said she would do it for me. i'm not sure how she did it, maybe she bought it, but she said she has to fill it up once a month.

also, do i have to run K-pro with this kit? i'm not sure on how it works exactly but i thought it just cools the air going through the manifold. i'm asking because right now i'm on the ghetto race kit so i'm not using k-pro, but eventually i think i will be buying e-manage and put on the 440cc's

pjnoto
07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
dont mess with meth guys. Its addicting and makes you look old! :mwink:

MR.Pizza
07-03-2008, 09:54 PM
True, you can and many people use their windshield washer tanks. The fluid itself is a 50/50 mix of water and methanol usually. Some kits will provide a pressure sensor to activate the spray but they do not allow you to advance timing or remove fuel. I'm not sure the results of using emanage for anything frankly but kpro would be quite simple. Without getting too in depth, it allows you to do all 3 things and datalog your results for proper tuning.

Water/Meth works by vaporizing and absorbing heat, as a side effect methanol has a very high octane rating and is a fuel. This raises the overall octane value of the fuel and helps prevent pre-ignition.

Oh yeah don't smoke this

NrGiNnY14
07-03-2008, 10:08 PM
True, you can and many people use their windshield washer tanks. The fluid itself is a 50/50 mix of water and methanol usually. Some kits will provide a pressure sensor to activate the spray but they do not allow you to advance timing or remove fuel. I'm not sure the results of using emanage for anything frankly but kpro would be quite simple. Without getting too in depth, it allows you to do all 3 things and datalog your results for proper tuning.

Water/Meth works by vaporizing and absorbing heat, as a side effect methanol has a very high octane rating and is a fuel. This raises the overall octane value of the fuel and helps prevent pre-ignition.

Oh yeah don't smoke this

so this wouldn't be good to use with the stock ecu and jr powercard. i would figure that if its on all the time, the ecu could learn to the usage of the water/meth and advance the timing, etc

MR.Pizza
07-03-2008, 10:31 PM
so this wouldn't be good to use with the stock ecu and jr powercard. i would figure that if its on all the time, the ecu could learn to the usage of the water/meth and advance the timing, etc

Give it a try, IMO without the ability to tune those 3 things though your unlikely to reach optimal results. I would contend that you should complete the race kit and maximize your current setup before reaching for that last bit of power. Good luck either way though.:mwink: