PDA

View Full Version : Smoke:Interior

thinkricky
07-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Previous owner was a smoker. Smells like it, Smoke stains on headliner, Cigarette burns on seat/ floor mats, and Smells like shiet...

I used Turtle Wax Oxi Clean Interior 1 for the carpet and it worked great! The smell is off the carpet and takes stains out quick! I used a separate scruber not what they provide.

The seats are pretty clean (except a few holes from burns) Febreze Auto worked great for the smell.

Now my car is smoke smell free! I wondered what to do about the headliner stains? Any suggestions?

Also, the Si floor mats are done... Too many cig burns. Anyone know where I can get some? New or Used.

Thanks
Ricky

thinkricky
07-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Also, stupid Anti Theft Code for the radio is nowhere to be found! How much does the dealer actually charge to give the code?

Canuck Civic
07-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I pulled my own radio out of the dash and wrote it down and took it to the dealer and it was free, but I think if they have to do it they charge you labor to take the dash apart.(Some said around $20.00). Sometimes the code is on a sticker on the side of the glove box.

thinkricky
07-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh really? Thanks, yeah I checked another thread about it. Its not by the glove box nor the fuse box. I'll just have to dealer it...

RHCP0801
07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
hold down the 1 and 6 button on the radio while the radio is off and it should give you some numbers i believe...i work for honda and have access to there program 24/7, give me the numbers and ill see if i can get your radio code. Only certain years let you do this

v1c10us
07-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Also, stupid Anti Theft Code for the radio is nowhere to be found! How much does the dealer actually charge to give the code?

you can call the and they'll give it to you provided to supply the correct address and owner information and vin number.
https://radio-navicode.honda.com/
just call them and they'll give it to you.

thinkricky
07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
hold down the 1 and 6 button on the radio while the radio is off and it should give you some numbers i believe...i work for honda and have access to there program 24/7, give me the numbers and ill see if i can get your radio code. Only certain years let you do this

I'll get it thanks. Let you know.

thinkricky
07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Any ideas for HEADLINER?

SiN05
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Any ideas for HEADLINER?

I don't think you can actually clean you head liner. Before the forum crashed I think someone had th same question. You could always get a new one. I was thinking about getting it suede.

NitroBoarder
07-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Previous owner was a smoker. Smells like it, Smoke stains on headliner, Cigarette burns on seat/ floor mats, and Smells like shiet...

I used Turtle Wax Oxi Clean Interior 1 for the carpet and it worked great! The smell is off the carpet and takes stains out quick! I used a separate scruber not what they provide.

The seats are pretty clean (except a few holes from burns) Febreze Auto worked great for the smell.

Now my car is smoke smell free! I wondered what to do about the headliner stains? Any suggestions?

Also, the Si floor mats are done... Too many cig burns. Anyone know where I can get some? New or Used.

Thanks
Ricky

www.handa-accessories.com has the mats for around $60.

headliner...rent a steam vac. would be your best chance, dunno what else would do as good for an upside down cleaning job.

thinkricky
07-04-2008, 10:01 AM
k, Thanks all

EP3_U_SEE
07-14-2008, 12:41 AM
i'm going ttry cleaning my interior tommorrow.....

my shit is black on top!