PDA

View Full Version : Going Five Lug?

MugenR
11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
I want to do a five lug conversion to my car but i am not sure what parts I would need to change the hubs, and where I can get them.
I am thinking that RSX hubs would fit, but I am not sure, does anybody know?

If anyone has a parts break down of what I need, where I could get it and how much it will cost that would be great, thanks.

Drew

xlr8
11-20-2002, 04:17 PM
try contacting king motorsports. they did a 5 lug conversion on their si. the suspension is from their rsx, but im not sure all the parts needed from it

IceD out N CALI
11-20-2002, 05:45 PM
a member here used the RSX spindle on their ep-but forgot who it was

toe knee
11-20-2002, 10:38 PM
Yeah i been trying to find out on the conversions also. I posted a long time ago but never really got a responce back. I heard that the rsx spindle would work but im not sure. IMO I think that the other rsx conversions are fake because they never post back with a responce and also haven't seen pictures of their car. I guess I won't believe it till i see it.

MugenR
11-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Is the spindle all you need?
A while back someone posted a link to a place that had the Five lug Conversion but it was $2100. It had a control and stuff.

I just want the Conversion that way I can put on spoon breaks and a set of MF-10s.

I am going to call King in a day or two and see what they used on there car.
I'll let you know what I find out.
Drew

Suk02Si
11-20-2002, 11:25 PM
It's in the Hasport Type R SCC issue. They mentioned something about the 'RSX having larger splines on the hub end of the halfshafts'

DocofMind
11-20-2002, 11:52 PM
You dont need the RSX spindle to mount Spoon calipers. All you need is the proper wheel spacing to clear the caliper.

The only real advantage i can see in doing the conversion is for more wheel options.

Besides that, i see a minor increase in structural integrity. Besides that, mostly a novelty

MugenR
11-21-2002, 09:37 AM
What about Rotors?
Also as you said wheel options are alot greater with 5 lugs.
I really want a set of MF-10's, but will settle for something else.
The main reason I want the 5 lug is for the Spoon brakes.
Are you sure they will fit?
Thanks
Drew

DocofMind
11-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by MugenR
What about Rotors?
Also as you said wheel options are alot greater with 5 lugs.
I really want a set of MF-10's, but will settle for something else.
The main reason I want the 5 lug is for the Spoon brakes.
Are you sure they will fit?
Thanks
Drew

MF10s come in 4 lug dont they? If not, do what i did, get a set of Volk CE28's. 17 inch i believe weight about 13 pounds.
I m almost positive the calipers will bolt on, the brackets are for sure the same. Im not sure if the rotors will work though. The Spoon set up is designed to use the OEM rotor on the S2000, but i m not sure about the civic.

My concern though would be spoke clearance. You may have the same issue i had. I run a small spacer up front to clear my big brake kit. If you want to run big brake without any issues, i would run a TE37, the original JGTC wheel. The spokes on this wheel can house any caliper.

What size are you looking to run?

spoon3168
11-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
It's in the Hasport Type R SCC issue. They mentioned something about the 'RSX having larger splines on the hub end of the halfshafts'
yeah.. that's too bad does any know anything about the rear??

MugenR
11-21-2002, 04:49 PM
I really want to run 17's. The MF-10s only come in 5 bolt.
The MF-8's come in four bolt, but only come in 16's.
This is my problem.
What brake kit are you running?

I went to the spoon website and they have a large brake kit with brakets for the EP3. I think everything will fit but the rotors but I am not sure.

I looked at the ce-28's and might get them but my shop told me the same thing about spoke clearance.
I just don't know what to do.

Any sugestions?
Thanks
Drew