PDA

View Full Version : Paint from Autozone?

TheAmericanStig
07-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey I have a ding in my front bumper that I want to fix today but the place that does the made to match paint is closed today. If I go to autozone to get a can or two of paint from there will there be a type that is true to our oem, and if so, what brand/ paint code?

My car is tafetta white

MugenReplica
07-05-2008, 09:50 AM
The taffeta white that I used on a friends Ep3 was damn good. Looked pretty on par with that the factory code was. We got it in one of the small touch up pen style ones at WalMart. The worst I've seen is the SSM, the factory code changes so much that the off the shelf one doesn't work that well from car to car, again depending on factory code. But for $5, its not bad.

TheAmericanStig
07-05-2008, 09:54 AM
hrm, can you recall what brand that was? Im gonna need an aerosol can cuz we got alot of area to paint. (were gonna be sanding and using filler)

MugenReplica
07-05-2008, 09:56 AM
hrm, can you recall what brand that was? Im gonna need an aerosol can cuz we got alot of area to paint. (were gonna be sanding and using filler)

$25 for an aerosol can, your factory code and all.:mbiggrin:

http://www.paintscratch.com/

*Btw, did you get that PM I sent you?

TheAmericanStig
07-05-2008, 10:06 AM
yea i just read it. You can definitely count me in, that sounds like a good time. Thx for the info about the paint. Im gonna go see if I can find some of this stuff.

MugenReplica
07-05-2008, 10:08 AM
yea i just read it. You can definitely count me in, that sounds like a good time. Thx for the info about the paint. Im gonna go see if I can find some of this stuff.

Throw your name down under the Northeast section. That way your bumping the thread too.:mbiggrin:

ep_hatcher_510
07-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Those paint are good, they are located local to me and i used their stuff to paint my wing, the color matches great. It just sucks they are 20 bucks per can.

TheAmericanStig
07-05-2008, 09:15 PM
i wouldnt mind paying 30 if it were good stuff, but after a long arduous search today, I discovered TW colored paint does not seem to exist in rochester ny. The only thing anyone had were the touchup pens. Here is a list of places I hit up which did not supply TW color matched paint:

-Autozone
-Advanced Auto
-Pep Boys
-Sears Auto Ctr
-Home Depot
-Lowes
-Walmart
-Target

lol did I leave anyone out?

Of course after this ordeal, I came home to find my new roomate (who btw almost burned down our apartment today) has a boyfriend who works at a place called paintmasters, and he will have a proper can mixed for me this week.

Thank god!

jjr007
07-05-2008, 10:00 PM
$25 for an aerosol can, your factory code and all.:mbiggrin:

http://www.paintscratch.com/

How many cans of that paint do you figure it would take, to cover a ctr type rear wing?

27rocks
07-05-2008, 10:29 PM
How many cans of that paint do you figure it would take, to cover a ctr type rear wing?

I would say two coats should do it. And you would only need one can belive it or not.

Windchaser
07-05-2008, 10:31 PM

Oh gosh, ghetto spray can FTW.

ep_hatcher_510
07-05-2008, 11:29 PM

I would suggest using a gun but from a can is gonna take 2 to get a solid color since you gotta to top and bottom.

jjr007
07-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh gosh, ghetto spray can FTW.

I wouldn't consider doing most car body painting with a spray can, but the wing has so little horizontal surface, any discrepancies in the finish, will be hard to see.