PDA

View Full Version : recovering Kpro ecu out of wrecked car

djelly84
07-05-2008, 01:54 PM
So i started off my 4th of July weekend by totalling my car. Shitty but nobody was hurt or anything.

I'm trying to figure out what i can salvage out of my car and sell without insurance flipping out, and i think besides my stereo, the only thing i can really get out might be my Kpro?
However, now i'm wondering do i need to take out the ignition and everything for the ecu to be used???

thisisagame24
07-05-2008, 02:03 PM
no you just need the kpro'ed ecu. no need for the ignition

ALep3
07-05-2008, 02:04 PM
nope just the ecu, sell me that shit!

thechromecoyote
07-05-2008, 02:51 PM
you could always ask your insurance company what you can take off.

djelly84
07-06-2008, 06:28 PM
yeah about asking the insurance company...

i'm just hoping they don't notice...the car is completely totaled...the starter and battery are destroyed, i'm just hoping that they look at the car, maybe try to start it, and then write it off as completely destroyed. We shall see.

on another note, has anybody followed up on which auction company the insurance sold their car too. My friend was wondering if he might have any luck going and bidding on the car so he could sell the seats and rest of parts off the car?

v1c10us
07-06-2008, 06:50 PM
If the car is totaled they will give you a check and take the car, or they can give you a check sans the value of the car totaled and you keep the car.
You can just have your friend give you the difference and give the car to him