PDA

View Full Version : ESMM; effect exhaust?

itchy5
07-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi all, i just got my ESMM installed because my DCRH (4-1) was cracking :sad:. After getting the exhaust leak fixed the muffler shop said my exhaust shakes so much that its possible that it could cause more problems and worse cracking. Apparently its because the previous owner who installed the exhaust didn't use flanges and did straight welding :boxing:, so basically its one piece from header to tip. Should i be worried? i'm thinking of just adding a set of flanges right after the header, is it necessary? it has flex piping welded in already http://www.clubrsx.com/graphics/00000001/44533.jpg just fyi.

thanks for help guys :wave:

ep3k20a2
07-05-2008, 03:46 PM
adding the flex pipe should do the trick. if u dont then yes it will keep cracking.

Princess
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Did you get ESMM or ESMMI?

ESMM Energy Suspension motor mounts
ESMMI Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

ESMMI help with wheel hop so I wouldn't want to get rid of them. But with all that vibration who could blame you if you took them out. Perhaps upgrading the stock motor mounts to aftermarket ones would help. Maybe it would make it worse.

I think the DCRH probably adds to the vibration. Or was it the JRRH that vibrated a lot. Maybe get a DC shorty header and a high flow cat.

itchy5
07-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Did you get ESMM or ESMMI?

ESMM Energy Suspension motor mounts
ESMMI Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

its esmmi, i dont think energy suspension makes full mounts do they?