PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using AEM F/IC

NrGiNnY14
07-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Well times are tough, and i'm running the jrsc-g and my mpg is horrible. I would love to get k-pro but its just way out of my budget right now.

I was recommended the greddy e-manage by a few people on here, but recently my friend just picked up the AEM F/IC to manage his supercharger on his scion tc. I was just looking on the AEM website and it shows that they have it available for the EP3. I also heard it was cheaper to tune then K-pro and E-manage and it also doesn't remove the "learning" aspect of the stock ecu.

What do you guys think? Has anybody had any experience with the AEM F/IC? Thanks in advance.

NrGiNnY14
07-06-2008, 10:48 AM
anybody?

CorSport
07-06-2008, 11:29 AM
We have it on an 06+ civic out here -- tune is ok, idle is bad, I dunno, kpro owns.

Tai

4angrybadgers
07-07-2008, 05:21 AM
I'd be very surprised if you could use emanage on the JRSC without blowing something up. The AEM piggyback is more expensive than Kpro from what I've heard, so I don't think you'd save any money there.

Just save up for Kpro and do it right. Oh, and in the meantime, stay off the gas and your mileage will get better...

taikahn
07-07-2008, 07:57 AM
I'd be very surprised if you could use emanage on the JRSC without blowing something up. The AEM piggyback is more expensive than Kpro from what I've heard, so I don't think you'd save any money there.

Just save up for Kpro and do it right. Oh, and in the meantime, stay off the gas and your mileage will get better...

The AEM FI/C he is talking about is under 400$ -- the AEM EMS is $1400+

Either way, KPRO all the way.

Tai

blksi02
07-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I was recommended to run the AEM F/IC by a local tunning shop and they swear by it. It is a very well known shop so i dont know what to think. They say they Can dyno tune my car and install this piggy back for $904. Thats pretty good. Im not sure if I should do this or just get KPRO.. what you all think??

CorSport
07-07-2008, 12:46 PM
... recommended to run the AEM F/IC by a local tunning shop and they swear by it...

on k20's specifically? Dynos? Links? Cars on it?

blksi02
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
on k20's specifically? Dynos? Links? Cars on it?

http://ajperformance.com/

taikahn
07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
http://ajperformance.com/

Yeah, I know of their setups, I've been told by 8th geners they are not so sweet for a DD but it wont blow up and the power can be made, I mean with the FI/C you are NOT controlling cam phasing (VTC) or VTEC switchover... just fuel and ignition.

Tai

AUTiger
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I was recommended to run the AEM F/IC by a local tunning shop and they swear by it. It is a very well known shop so i dont know what to think. They say they Can dyno tune my car and install this piggy back for $904. Thats pretty good. Im not sure if I should do this or just get KPRO.. what you all think??

You can get k-pro for cheaper than $904. Sure it isn't tuned, but i don't think you would have too many issues of finding someone on here that could help with a decent street tune. I just installed k-pro yesterday. So far I love the extra revs. I'm just running the low octane tune and upped the rev limit, I still had over half a tank of 87 in when I got the ecu back. I need to datalog and mess with my fuel so I can have a calibration for fuel economy. Then I'll switch to a high octane tune, mess with that til I get it right. Then maybe i'll put together a calibration for e85 if the percentage loss in mpg becomes less than the percentage difference in e85 and 93 octane.

blksi02
07-08-2008, 01:14 PM
You can get k-pro for cheaper than $904. Sure it isn't tuned, but i don't think you would have too many issues of finding someone on here that could help with a decent street tune. I just installed k-pro yesterday. So far I love the extra revs. I'm just running the low octane tune and upped the rev limit, I still had over half a tank of 87 in when I got the ecu back. I need to datalog and mess with my fuel so I can have a calibration for fuel economy. Then I'll switch to a high octane tune, mess with that til I get it right. Then maybe i'll put together a calibration for e85 if the percentage loss in mpg becomes less than the percentage difference in e85 and 93 octane.

yea i know. I made up my mind. Im saving for K-Pro. Should have it in the next week or so. I think im going to go through True Honda. Who did you go through??

AUTiger
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
yea i know. I made up my mind. Im saving for K-Pro. Should have it in the next week or so. I think im going to go through True Honda. Who did you go through??

lightningmotorsports.com it was cheaper than true honda. As much as I like to back vendor's on here, that was by far the best price I had seen

taikahn
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
We don't whore it out, but we are an authorized ephatch vendor, pm me and ill give you a price. ;)

Tai
CorSport

bottlefed_k24
09-07-2008, 07:04 PM
hey wussup to answer your question my buddy has aem FIC with his 06 si
jrsc with upgraded pulley and fuel system- car is puttin down 260 ish on hub dyno- with simple tune- i noticed the car sputters as it takes off in 1st gear
on low rpms for about half a second- other than that the car runs great!
took it to a crappy 1/4 mile track with crappy tires, ran 14.011 - no traction
in 1 or second- its def a 13 sec car- aem fic will work- its all in the tuning-