PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys im a lil new to EP3

DailyEgg
07-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I bought the car used, so from what i can see it is slammed on neuspeed springs and the oem struts are gone. I need to upgrade my wheels and tires. I am running some fat tires right now. Can't really say though right now. I am curious as to what I can run on this car with a slam like this?? (I believe its a 2inch drop to OEM) I can barely put a soda can under the front bumper. I am looking for 17's or even 16's. I know this is a lot of questions lol. But I need some serious help with this car. I can not let it run down to the ground like the previous owner. :mfrown:

What offset am I looking for?
What is the bolt pattern?
How big can the rim be in width?
what tire size sould I be looking for?
What struts would hook up well to this sort of drop?

OKAY I think I am done lol. Thanks guys. Hopefully your as much help as S2Ki is to me.:mbiggrin:

boliviasi
07-05-2008, 10:04 PM
pics

DailyEgg
07-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Okay so these threads work kinda backwards here lol. Weird compared to s2ki, but anyway. http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/Revhir/IMG_0905.jpg

Awful picture, but yea this poor soul needs some help.

v1c10us
07-05-2008, 10:23 PM
headlights are blacked out, doesnt seem like he did a bad job but they are darker/flatter than most peoples.
car seems nice to me, if it has Aftermarket shocks thats a good thing.
Those tires look like 215s or 225
I would say if you get a 17'' wheel to go 225/45/r17
if you get a 16 go 215/50/r16
the bolt pattern is
4x100
many offsets have been put on the car but I would say go with something between +35 to +45
mine are +38
the rim can be as big in width as you can afford given the correct offset, it will really be about the tire size not the rim size.
You could get 8 or 9 inch wheels and stretch some 225's on them and not rub given the correct offset.
I reccomend the Tokico D-spec struts because they are adjustable stiffness, and most other struts will blow very quickly with those springs
But you might be able to pick up a full coilover used for about the same price as the d-specs and this would be a better option
Some springs that are not as low would also improve your handling, its really not ideal to go much lower than 1.5''

v1c10us
07-05-2008, 10:25 PM
on another note, if you do not like the way the posts are ordered you can change it here,
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
scroll down to thread display options
and change it from linear-newest first to linear oldest first.

DailyEgg
07-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Size: 17x7.5
Pattern: 4x100
Offset: +40mm
Hub Bore: 67.1mm
Weight: 20 lbs

Will these be okay? For the type of drop I have?

v1c10us
07-06-2008, 12:07 AM
yes that would be fine, although 20lbs is a bit on the heavy side, you could probably find something you like in the 16-18 lb range which would be better, but if you're dead set on them that would be fine.
i believe the stock wheels are +45 at either 6.5 or 7 inches
either way, you'll only lose 8mm of clearance on the inside, so you should be straight.

mustclime
07-06-2008, 07:32 AM
loose the springs asap.....they are total crap.....I am running 225/45-17 with a 42 offset...I am also running near stock ride hight to keep the suspension were you want it and -3 degree camber in the ft and -2 degree camber in the rear:mangel: