PDA

View Full Version : 6 speed lock out

Fico
07-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I have a 6 speed and i have been running it with no lock out because i dont have the harness from the type s. i have the connector that fits the reverse lock out and i was wondering, can i wire it up to a switch in my cabin so i can just flick it on and off as needed? is there a specific volatage that it needs to be or what?

cliffnotes.....
how do i make reverse lock out work?

weltall
07-06-2008, 08:45 AM
get an a2 ecu kpro'd

Fico
07-06-2008, 10:19 AM
im not able to ghetto rig something?

weltall
07-06-2008, 11:10 AM
nope every other ecu lacks the circuitry to energize the solenoid

besides you would have to pretty much try and put it into reverse to get it inthere

the location of reverse on the mesh is a very purposely located gear

Fico
07-06-2008, 11:29 AM
you miss understand me, im not trying to run it off the ecu. im talking about running it on its own switch that has nothing to do with the rest of the wires. basicly one wire to ground and one to power through a toggle switch in the cabin

weltall
07-06-2008, 11:38 AM
why stop there why dont you let you vehical sped signal wire close a relay that will allow voltage to go to the solenoid

completely automated

Fico
07-06-2008, 12:08 PM
why stop there why dont you let you vehical sped signal wire close a relay that will allow voltage to go to the solenoid

completely automated

because toggle switches are mad tyte JdM Yo!1! ha ha

that is a good idea although i dont know much about wiring i mean i do but i dont trust myself, i do have some friends that are going to school for that shit so i can get them to help me with it. thanks for the help jason!

lldiesel386ll
07-06-2008, 12:19 PM

completely automated

isnt that what the a2 ecu does?
that would be awesome if someone can make something like that though:thumb: